MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

More bad news

Freetobeme

Today my boss stopped by my cube to chat. Apparently his wife, Diana, went for a PET scan and the news was not good. She has been doing chemo for two weeks now and it makes her very sick. Now they are waiting on the surgeon to call to tell them exactly what was in the scan that didn't look good.

On my home front, my niece went in for emergency gall bladder surgery Saturday. She is supposed to go for an ultrasound treatment to remove another stone from her bile duct. I talked to her husband today and he said she didn't look good, but she had been to the doc for an MRI earlier and could have just been tired. On top of all that, their 14 year old son had to go to the dentist because a tooth that had recently had a root canal was infected.

It just seems that so many bad things are happening to people lately!

Goatherder, I'm so very sorry for John and Diana. This is such a difficult situation not only for them, but for those who care about them as you do. I'll step up my prayers for Diana tonight. It's hard to imagine the turmoil they must both be feeling. I really appreciate your keeping us up on this situation so this couple can be in our thoughts.

And also, your niece and her son with the infection! I can see where you'd feel sad and concerned, GH. A lot has happened pretty fast so there hasn't been much time to process it all. I'll remember your family in my prayers too, Goatherder.

I think one of the toughest things for people like you and me who love someone who is suffering - is that we want to do so much and feel hindered. My best friend is suffering with an illness that could be fatal. A neighbor recently committed suicide. I feel so frustrated and do what I can. But the reality I believe is that God has multiple angels around these people. For me personally, it helps seeing the reality of that and beyond, so that I have hope for seeing these people again one day. The pain and sorrow is no less real, but it begins shedding light on a purpose and a better day ahead. I am limited, but God is not. To God our lives are a brief interval in an eternity of possibilities.

I don't know the beliefs of your friends John and Diana, but

I can tell you a book that goes to the deep of the human spirit in suffering while struggling for hope. It is titled Streams in the Desert by Mrs. Charles E. Cowman. This is a book I give people when they're in the depths of sorrow looking for a light in the tunnel. It's written by a woman whose missionary husband suffered for a long time; she was well acquainted with suffering and her words yield incredible hope.

A friend of mine battered by her husband now lives in hiding in another state. She gave this book to me before she left as a thank you for my help. I've not seen her in a while and I want to let her know how much this book has meant to me. Hopefully, one day.....

Archived