MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

When do your Christmas decorations come down?

cartoongirl

oh, Lois that would of been funny.

usually we take all down new years day. this year did it this year. well not all of it, jsut the tree and Christmasy type stuff. leave up the plain reds and greens. then the red will get packed up after valentine day and the greens after st. pattie's day. the snowman some time in march.

like the play pen idea going to have to pass that on to some of hte young mothers i know

You all have to understand that this particular cat was handed to me at the age of between 7 and 10 days old, screeching his head off cause he was hungary, he fell out of the hay mow up at the farm, and Laura, told the boys to put him back. Well the mother cat was wild, she immediatly moved her other kittens and left that one. He was all black, and just fit in the palm of my hand. I fed him powdered milk, with an eye dropper and put him on a plate warmer, we had a little Jack Russel terrior at the time. (Dog was named Bear) The cat which we named Ebony couldn't decide if I or the dog was his mother. I fed him, but Bear followed him around washing him. They were the most entertaining pair you can imagine. The dog couldn't figure out how the cat climbed a tree and the cat couldn't figure out why the dog didn't.

That really got me laughing cause I've been there, done that. Aren't cats wonderful? We don't own them, they own us.

I still have my snowmen out and my red candles.. I will leave them out until it's time for St Patricks day.. Our tree came down early because it was totally dead and I had proof all over the living room floor! Since I just bought a fake tree last night next year I can leave it up as long as I want.. I was so tempted to set it up last night.. I could be valentines on it?

So DH did not take down the tree when I thought he would. We'll likely take it down sometime in the next few days. We don't have much else out.

~Jo

Archived