MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

When do your Christmas decorations come down?

cartoongirl

am I the only one who loves Christmas decorations? I would leave mine up all year if it would be Christmas all year. I usually take them down after New Years but in the interest of remodeling, they came down yesterday

I'm with you, Mother! My Christmas decorations stay up till New Years day and then come down in stages. The tree and all red and green go first. I leave up the maroon and gold trimmings to complete the 12 days of Christmas. It adds an elegant warm touch for a dreary winter outside and I'm not in such a hurry to enjoy this season as I am in December, I usually disband this theme sometime in mid January. My office is decorated in snowmen/women and snowflakes and they stay until February. Then I dream of Spring and Easter...

We get the tree Christmas week and I've always left it up until New Years Day. Mother would like the year round store in Fla. that sells Christmas decorations and other Christmas

related items. Can't remember the store name at the moment.

It's between Ocala and Gainesville. There is also a year round Christmas store in Christmas, Fla., not too far from Orlando.

I didn't even know there WAS a Christmas, Fl. Now that would be my kind of place to live. We do have a year round Christmas store near us but they rarely get anything new in until a couple of months before Christmas. Still, I love to go in the summer just to get my dose of Christmas mid year.

O MG! between the dog eating ornaments and candy canes and my two year old carting them all over the house I couldn't wait for the tree to go away this year! I'm still finding stuff all over the house. It's like an Easter Egg hunt for my decorations!

Mine will probably be taken down by the time I get home from work today. That's what comes from leaving DH at home unsupervised . Any other year, they'd probabably stay up until Jan 1st. This year, however, I am more than ready to get on with things.

~Jo

i agree jo, i think i had too much christmas this year, and i have no turkey leftovers to prove it! all the christmases we had in edmonton were wonderfull, by the time we got to my inlaws, it was all stale. lol i love christmas, but i am a halloween gal at heart.

Quote:
O MG! between the dog eating ornaments and candy canes and my two year old carting them all over the house I couldn't wait for the tree to go away this year! I'm still finding stuff all over the house. It's like an Easter Egg hunt for my decorations!

We had our tree down the day after Christmas!

kaseyb, we too are still finding ornaments! When the kitten
got in the tree he knocked them off and Luke took off
running with them. I think they were in cahoots with one
another.

When our children were very little and we too had puppies, we ended up putting our Christmas tree in a PLAY PEN for three years in a row. If you decorate the rim of it and put the gifs inside it, it doesn't look too bad.

My kids were all grown up and left home for the first time I could just decorate the tree to suit me, I spent hours getting it just right. It looked so great....

went to bed and during the night I heard this crash...

Got up came downstairs.. and my tree is laying on the floor with my 8 month old cat all tangled up in the rope and tincel.

So I untangled the cat and had to do it over again....... Ain't life grand? It was funny even then..

Archived