MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Snowy Sunday

Bamboo

Just a quick note and then I'm outta here!!! I have to go down state to my mom's. She is having surgery first thing in the morning so I'm headed down there today. I would appreciate your prayers. It is supposed to be a simple day surgery, but prayers are always, always welcome.

We got a bit of snow here last night, not much. They said down state got about 4-6 inches, but the roads should be cleared by the time I get there.

Hope everyone has a great day

Hiya Spidey! are being sent your way on your mom's surgery..

Anyone Super Bowling partying tonight? I have some snacks I am going to make like pinwheels, and I got umm Chex Mix, chips and dip, tortilla chips and salsa.. I am not going to do anything the rest of the day! I don't even know if I am going to watch the game.. Just wanted to snacks!

Guess I'll go find a good pinwheel recipe... I got cream cheese, green onions and ham to go in them.. But that just didn't seem like enough to me.. Maybe I should add some baby spinach leaves..

Hi there! Spidey - we'll certainly pray for your safe travel and for your mom to have a smooth surgery; praying for the surgeon and other operating room staff too!

We're eating breakfast and getting ready to go to church! The roof will probably collapse when we go through the door since it's been since Christmas since I've been able to attend

Well, better get going! Hope you all have a wonderful day!

The weather today is weird. It's 0 degrees celsius, but the wind makes it feel like -10. Brr!

Yesterday, Kev's step-mom gave me a table (used to be a tredle sewing machine stand), and her extra sewing machine. My machine doesn't work very well. It was very sweet of her. We went skating with Kev's little brothers. We went to his grandma's house for supper, and I am now babysitting her petunia and lobelia seedlings while she's on vacation. I hope I don't kill them.

Today, after church, I went grocery shopping. I usually go to Safeway, but today I decided to go to Superstore instead, because they are supposed to be cheaper and have better variety. Well, that was a Great Canadian Pain-in-the...! Too many people. The carts are designed horribly, so that ever 5 minutes I added another bruise to my shins. I actually got run into by someone else's cart. The didn't have some of the ordinary things I needed. I ended up going to Safeway as well. I think the lower prices aren't worth the time or frustration. When I can get away with buying more rice, I will go there though. WAY cheaper than Safeway. Ok, I'm rambling.

Now, Kevin went to church...to the superbowl party. I am supposed to be writing an essay.

I hope everyone is having a good day!

~Jo

the reason why superstore was a pain in the bum is because you went at the wrong time, and the wrong day. the carts ARE badly designed, and most of them only make left turns anyways, but it IS worth the prices. get used to the different brands, and uyou will never want to go back to safeway. trust me. find out when thier shipments are, usually 2 days a week, and go shopping the following morning. early! wear shin guards if you have to , the carts are horrible. i really is worth it. 50 dollars of meat at superstore would cost 70 at safeway. plus, superstore often has coupons for 30 dollars off if you spend 250, or a free 24 pack of batteries if you spend 200, this week its a free 900g bag of shrimp if you spend 175.

Archived