MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Officially Wednesday

brightblessings5

Good Morning Everyone.... It has been down right chilly here the past couple of days, had a light snow fall,which didn't last long,just stayed around long enough for the night temperatures to fall and cause black ice for the next mornings commute..Schools here were out MOnday for inservice,and then closed again yesterday due to weather,, hopefully tomorrow will happen again....expecting more of the same tonight.

Did 4 loads of to all

Our house rule, re "home sick from school", is the same. Too sick for school, too sick to play, watch TV, etc.

Unike, so good to hear from you. Take care.

Sunny day here, a little cold - in the 30's. We are taking our DD to the surgeon this afternoon fo a consult re her gallbladder. Hoping they'll operate soon.

Take care, everyone.

Good morning everyone.

I have the same stay at home rule. IN bed, no tv, no toys, just a book and silence (if I'm sick I still at least have to have a book by me if I can't sleep, and DD is a reader like me). No fun after school gets out either. She doesn't like it, but that way I know she'll only be willing to stay home if she's really sick and not faking it.

Monday I packed 3 of those plastic bins with the interlocking lids full of food. I wrote what was going in each bin, even writing down calories x servings so I could figure out how manny days it might last. (Now to find that info somewhere in here...I know it's here, why didn't I copy and paste?

Good afternoon! I can't believe it but it is 57 here today, a very nice, warm 57! One of my neighbors is babysitting a couple of kids today so we took all four for a walk, stopped at a playground, went in to the museum so the boys could see the bear and wolves and then to the post office. We stopped at the playground on the way home for a little while and the kids had a blast. My boys are tired now so maybe it'll be easier to get them to take a nap.

I've gotten one load of laundry to be put in the dryer, my kitchen has been cleaned and the living room vacuumed - again! So, during naptime I can relax for a smidge and then start a special cleaning project in the kitchen - haven't decided if it's going to be the fridge or the oven but I'll worry about that later.

Well - need to go and get the boys ready for bed! Talk to y'all later

Necie so glad you are going to have some time off

I have a bunch of stuff to organize, and need to help DD track down some photos of family for a family tree project for her life sciences class. I guess they must be doing something about genetics. Anyhow I am pretty disorganized in that dept right now so it will take me awhile to get pics she can use.

Have a great day everyone!

Pixie, if you want to start knitting before you can shop for knitting needles, you could always use a sharpened pencil. I have a friend you taught her daughters to knit that way while in a waiting room.

Our DD will have her gallbladder removed next Tuesday. It will done as an outpatient surgery. Amazing. She is looking forward to feeling good again.

We had a beautiful snowfall last night (only about an inch or so), but it's melting already. May get some more late Friday. We are below in rainfall, so this is very welcomed.

Need to go. Plan to tackle kitchen cabinets today. Want to reorganize.

Take care everyone.

i wish you could teach me to knit too! both sites posted in crafters alley under learn to knit have totaly different instructions on how to cast on, i have NO idea what i am doing...or trying to do. i wish i had a partner for my knitting needle. maybe wil will try chopsticks, we have somet hat are not so tapered. the wood from the pencils keeps castching on my yarn. i will have to go see bev today, i wonder if the yarn i ordered came in? maybe bev would teach me? ok, i am rambling...love you jo!

Pixie,

Don't worry about the different casting on methods - there are many and they are all perfectly fine. Some items will call for a particular cast on but most items knit up fine with any one of them.

Have fun shopping for needles - it can be addictive though!

Archived