MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Looking at a house

ma & pa steel

Well, we'll be looking at a house this weekend, actually 2, it's a semi but dh wants to buy both sides and make it one house again. It IS georgeous, and together it will have about 2 acres of land. Only problems are 1) that's not ENOUGH land Anyway, if anyone wants to see the place(s) here's the links

http://www.mls.ca/PropertyDetails.aspx?v...pertyID=3900963

http://www.mls.ca/PropertyDetails.aspx?v...pertyID=4225428

you mean you have to share that with another family on the back side?

oh I couldn't live like that. All the beautiful land shared? is the land divided? but what if they don't like goats or chiekens? NOPE! this is one battle I would wage against my husband. (I pick and choose them carefully)

viking.gif

"Dear... have a nice life! but I ain't movin'!" of course I would have options and show him them. Land... maybe $40,000 and well... $20,000, power $10,000 and a mobile home or modular or a simple stick structure (garage size 24x24' becomes guest house later) $25,000. Now I am guessing at prices in your area but judging by the price os the houses you are looking at.. $70 needs work and $114 move in.

logcabn.gif

see even the goats agree with me!

goat5.gif

Quote:
of course I would have options and show him them. Land... maybe $40,000 and well... $20,000, power $10,000 and a mobile home or modular or a simple stick structure (garage size 24x24' becomes guest house later) $25,000. Now I am guessing at prices in your area but judging by the price os the houses you are looking at.. $70 needs work and $114 move in.

Forgot to mention, I showed him MANY options, absolutly beautiful! One was beyond perfect, far from anything that any terrorists would care about (unless of course they wanted to take out all our moose in hopes of crushing our canadian spirit

Goatladay, you are a very serious prepper from what I have read. As beautiful as that place was, it wasn't for you. We have 10 acres and live rural from a very tiny town. IOur home and land was cheap and although our home isn't the nicest I do enjoy having land and living in a very remote area and feeling much safer for it.

Good luck, and stick to your guns. A move is a serious decision not something you can change in an instant once done. On the stress scale it is right up there with death and divorce. I'm sure this is no news to you.

Best wishes.

The best solution here may be for each of you to make a list of what will be acceptable to you in your home, including price, location, size, and acreage and condition.

At least you will both have a better idea of what to look for.

Archived