MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Oh Where, Oh Where has...

5th graders mama

******First post in a story tag***************

Walking around muttering under my breath really doesn't help. It was just plumb lost. I'd looked high and low, in the car, in my backpack, in my toolbox, in my purse, under the microwave cart... and I was NOT coming up with it.

Bear, our littlest cat, has the unfortunate habit of digging through any form of bag that he can reach. Either I was having the worst "middle aged moment" of my life or he'd taken off with it! I was sure it had been in my red gym bag, or had it been?

I really needed it by Tuesday. Who did I know who might have one I could borrow?

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSss! She has to have one! I grabbed the phone and dialed. pleaseanswerpleaseanswerpleaseanswer was running through my mind as it rang once, twice, thr...Yay!

"Mother, oh I'm so glad you picked up!"

*********second post in a story tag*******

"Oh Hi, Mamacat how are you?... You what?... I can't believe you lost that.... Well, no, I don't have one. I wish I did, I'd be glad to loan it to you. Are you sure that Bear didn't take it? ... (Laughing) Well you never know with that little one but if you think it was in the gym bag, did you check to see if it might have fallen out somewhere?... Duh, dumb questions I know. Now that IS a mystery. Well let's put our heads together and see if we can come up with it. I'll get back to you if I come up with any ideas. Don't worry, it's GOT to turn up somewhere, let's just hope before Tuesday. .. Okay, bye."

How strange. Mamacat is not in the habit of misplacing things. I wonder if someone took it from her bag before she came home and if so, WHY? There's something strange about this whole thing. I think we need to get some help with this.

I'll bet Jo can help, she's good with mysteries and she might even have one that Mamacat can borrow.

RINNNNNNNNNNG RINNNNNNNGGGG RINNNNNNGGGGGG

Guest Guest

"Hello? Oh, hi Mother! No, I don't have one. I've been looking around because I've been wanting to get one of those. I wonder what happened to mamacat's. She needs it by Tuesday? Yikes, that doesn't give us much time. I'll see what I can find out. Bye!"

Hmm...I don't think mamacat would lose something like that. Where could it be? I'll check if Pixie is online. If she can't find one, I'm sure she and mamacat can figure out how to make one.

Oh good, Pixie is logged in. I hope she's paying attention to her computer.

Joanna says: "Hi sis!"

jojo! nice to hear from you! ....she what? tsk tsk...how could someone lose something so small? hah hah hah no i dont have one, i used to have one like it, but i traded it for a left handed pencil, and a chocolate tea pot. alas, i only got to use it once. well, of course, we do need to find one for mamacat right away! perhaps i'll ask grace, she may at least know where we could get a new one.

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIINNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!

Well,it's been a late evening. Don't feel like checking messages, but, just in case....

(Message from Pixie about Mamcat's lost thing)...It's not lost, she gave it to, she gave it to...darn! who was that? I can't remember the name.! Wait a minute..Darlenen was there. She had one too and almost gave hers away with Mama's. Hmmm, it's late but maybe I can get Darlene. Maybe Mama can get an extention to Thursday. I'm sure our resident 'Halo Wearer' will be willing to lend Mama hers.

Ringgggg Rinnnnng ....Come on Darlene.....Ringgggg

Guest Guest

*darlene hears the phone ringing once AGAIN and just rolls her eyes...*

Who could it be THIS time?

*darlene picks up the phone and recognizes gracie's voice on the other end...*

Oh my gosh, are you serious Gracie? Yanno, I'm starting to worry about our mamacat...she's really been getting forgetful lately...I think it's all that bottled blonde that westie sent her that she's been using...*sigh*...Oh well, no matter...

Well Gracie, the only thing I remember pulling outta my purse that mamacat had in her hand was a TAMPON!

Oh hi Darlene, sorry to be so rude I thought you were, well, never mind.

Let me think a minute. Yeah, I was there and remember the conversation but it wasn’t me that ended up with it. Mama started handing it to me but someone grabbed it right out my hand saying she needed it worse than I did. I really felt kind of bad, being the new one and all but that lovely girl,…….mental lapse…...I can’t think of her name! Oh well I’ll think of soon, anyway she said I shouldn’t let it bother me because “the grabber” is actually a very nice lady and just having a bad case of PMS. Of course, I could relate to that so I put my hurt feelings aside. Is that why you pulled the tampon out of your purse Darlene, did you give it to the lady? Could that be a clue to help?

WAIT, now I remember, that lovely lady I was speaking to was Becca Anne. Let me just give her a quick call and see what she remembers.

Busy

Busy

Busy

FINALLY……RRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGGGG!!!

Hi Becca Anne, I’m so glad you’re finally off the phone, we have a real dilemma at Mrs. S. and I’m hoping you can help!

Guest Guest

"Hullo? Hullo? Is this working? Wait.....okay, now it's the right side up. Hello? No, I wasn't sleeping...I was, ahem, reflecting. Yeah! That's it! Reflecting...deeply reflecting. Anyway, whatyaupto?...Who?...No way, MamaCat *never* loses anything.....Darlene? HA! Well then, I can't say I'm surprised at all....aha....no, I don't have one either. What about making one? I'm pretty sure it can be done. In any case, if anyone can make it, it would be Nana. She is one determined lady, if she can't, I'm not sure it can be done.....by Tuesday? Ahem, well, we better get with it then.....yup, I'll call her. Good to talk to you too! Thanks for calling!"

*HG hangs up the phone and starts calling Nana...*

"Nana? NAAAAANNNNAAAAAAAA" *sigh* "Oh, fine. I'll do it the easy way...." *HG picks up the phone and dials Nana...*

• 2 weeks later...

Did you ever start a book and then not been able to finish it and never DID find out what happened????

Guest Guest

Who did the story leave off with?

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh...Nana!

Well, probably the reason she's so TARDY is cause she's too busy YAPPING on the telephone...

lol

Archived