MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Good news Tuesday

logcabinmama

Mornin' Snowmom. What good news about Old Pine going back to work. I bet he'll be tired for the first couple weeks after being off so long. Nice to knows he's ready and glad to go back.

I couldn't get the link to the puppy to work.

Not much going on around here today. DH is planning on working outside all morning so I have the house to myself. I hope to get lots accomplished!!! I guess that means I should get off the computer but no rush!

Good mornin' Good for you getting some exercise in! The link worked when I clicked it and she was a cute little dog.

Wink: Isn't it the truth you can get so much done when DH is gone for the day!!

Unike is in my thoughts and prayers.

Well we had an interesting weekend here.. Sunday around 6pm we had a tornado come through.. We had just left a friends house from picking up our daughter.. We saw warnings were out for the county west of us.. I told my dh we needed to get home and get the goats out of the pasture and into the shed.. We no more than got home and it hit.. We didn't sustain any damage... But the friends who's house we had just left was destroyed as well as their barn.. I thank God I had the sense to leave when we did.. Our house is situated at the base of a hill.. And there are woods behind our house.. We were without power for nearly 24 hours.. We brought buckets of water up from the well.. And cooked in the fireplace and used our candles and oil lamps for light.. That part was fun.. Our friends didn't have insurance, it took until midnight to move them out of their house what could be salvaged.. Which was a lot... All of their things were wet.. But they are all okay.. I guess there will be lots of free firewood! That's one good thing.. Once the lights were back on last night my kids ended up with the flu.. So now the house is a mess... .. But I am thankful that we are all okay.. This is just the start of tornado season.. This was the second bad one to hit in this part of Illinois in 3 weeks... Yea! Fun... I don't know if it went on to Indiana after the storms left here.. If it did I hope everyone is okay there.. Ya'll take care..

Archived