MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Warning Issued Bird flu

cartoongirl

Warning Issued That Bird Flu Virus May Have Mutated Into Highly Contagious Human Strain

FULLERTON, CA -- (MARKET WIRE) -- 05/15/2006 -- The recent news over the last few days of confirmed "clusters" being reported in Indonesia is posing the grim reality that the bird flu virus may have now mutated into a form that can be easily passed among humans. The current fatality rate for this particular strain of the H5N1 virus is 78% and appears to be somewhat Tamiflu resistant, which is different from the strain found in Turkey.

Once the virus has mutated, it will take 1 - 4 days before symptoms first appear because of what is known as the "incubation period." During this time frame of the initial mutation, the virus will have a chance to spread around the globe via airport travel, which will most likely result in simultaneous outbreaks around the world.

Highlighted Links

Avian Flu Talk

Forum

Some experts feel that this super-influenza virus will transform the world overnight into a situation resembling the New Orleans catastrophe. All deliveries to stores, restaurants and gas stations would immediately cease because people would either be too sick or too scared to attend their jobs. This would cause huge shortages in a matter of just a few days. People need to begin buying extra supplies today.

The best way to survive this super flu pandemic is to minimize contact with other people. This will require people to stay in their homes for an extended period of time. Without adequate food and water, this cannot be accomplished. In addition, if people wait too long before they begin buying extra supplies they may find that there are no supplies left to purchase.

If you would like more information on the quickly developing events, we would strongly encourage you to visit a very popular website that is attracting a lot of attention from around the world. This new website features a live discussion forum which allows people to post messages from around the world in real time conversation. This site can now be viewed at: www.Avianflutalk.com.

Sooo, what is your take on this? Anyone?

no one at this time is confirming this story and marketwire has some rather shady stories sometimes...the people over at Avain Flu talk have no idea where this came from and why the reporter is using them for a source....so I would hold off judgement of this "news" story for a day or two and see what develops.

Q

I wouldn't take this article too seriously either. I used to be a moderator at that board and the owner regularly issued reports and stories linking people back to his site. It was so he could get more hits and he somehow gets paid by how many hits the board gets.

I was banned by the owner along with many other mods and members when he went on a rampage one day. Now I can lurk but I can never register there again. I wouldn't want to.

If you would like to read the real info on this go here.

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/L15751926.htm

This comes for Reuters and is fairly reliable I believe. And if you want, you can go to the WHO website and read about ALL the clusters that are being investigated by the World Health Organization. The information is a bit hard to find but it's there.

Archived