MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

OPRAH SHOW

Mother

Oprah is supposed to have a Bird Flu program today....Not sure of times but thought I'd give you all heads up...

What a farce, The whole show, as far as I can tell was a rerun of the last one and not even updated. So much for Oprah trying to save the world

INHALE,,,,,,,EXHALE WELLLLL someone could have told ME and I wouldn't have had to leave the building of a new storage area to watch it.....Geesh!

I started to watch it and when I realized that it was a rerun, I just closed my eyes and took a nap. No harm, no foul. I woke up about 45 minutes later. Felt much better and still more prepared than most.

DBF watched PART of it. I didn't even know it was going to be on again (which really doesn't matter since I was at work the first time it was on and at work again this time--but could've put it on the T.V. there to see how many would have actually paid attention to it.) Anyhow, the PART he saw, he said was some guy saying that masks wouldn't help--then he turned it. In what AREAS did they tell people to prepare?

As this was an OLD show, they were still saying to prep for four or five weeks but he did say the disruptions could last for a lot longer. They just briefly touched on stocking up on food and water and why but that was it. He really didn't say the masks would not help. He touched on using them effectively and the type of mask to use. Mostly they kept comparing this to Katrina and talked about what the government SHOULD be doing, some of which they actually are doing now.

Take my word for it, you know more about the Bird Flu from reading here than anyone who watched that program. It probably did get new viewers in light of the fact that BF is now in the news a lot more than it was when the show first aired and that is probably a good thing. Oh how I wished that I could go on and say,,,,,hey,,,,you sheeples,,,, come on over to Mrs. S and read a while...THAT will tell you a bit about the BF...

Archived