MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Sunday

nosleepinghere

Good morning everyone. Today is sunny and warm, it's beautiful. No idea what we're going to do. DH said he was going to fix our back steps, but the sunshine does funny things to him and he doesn't want to work, lol.

Yesterday we went to my Dad's cabin in the mountains, he's renting it for $150 a month and said we could go up there whenever we wanted

I don't know why I got up so early today but I sure have accomplished alot.

I made a nice big breakfast to start off. Chicken fried steak, country gravy, biscuits and scrambled eggs.

I went to town early before it got hot and got a huge grocery order. I was pretty low on meats and they had several great deals. I won't be needing much produce for a while since the garden is growing like crazy.

When I got back I made 2 blueberry pies. I have to use up the last berries in the freezer from last year before the new ones come in!

We washed up the stray that showed up near death last Tuesday. I never saw such a skinny critter in my life. He is already filling out some and we wanted to clean him up good now that he is able to stand up again. I wish I knew who dumped the poor guy. I just hope we find him a good home. We have too many strays already.

I've got dinner in the oven. I'm making a traditional pot roast with roasted veggies and a nice homegrown salad. Finished off with a slice of blueberry pie with homemade ice cream.

I dread cleaning up the kitchen after I'm done with all that cooking. At least having a dishwasher helps.

It's another scorcher today. I won't be going outside again till this evening when I do some harvesting.

Have a great day.

Archived