MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

expiriment 1

Pixie

i made my very first jar of jam. i bought a basket of blueberries, but most of them were squished(they put the nice ones on top so people buy them) so i thought i cannot feed it to my family, so i thought that now would be a good time to can some. well, i did not have small jars, nor did i have the proper lids, but i decided to go ahead and make jam anyways. i only had enough blueberries for one jar anyways, so i figured there was no point in canning them because i would just open the jar right away to try it! lol

well, i took the recipe from the ball blue book, and i followed the instructions. well, it must have been beginners luck, becuse my jam tastes great! my family loves it, and i am proud ofmyself. now all i need to do is get some jars, and a whole CASE of blueberries, and can them properly next time. i think i will get some lids for the jars i have, and can some pears this week. wish me luck!

my mom used to wait till all the fruit in the stores were startuiing to go bad, we would help her cut the icky bits off and pit them(usually peaches) and then we would can those. they were always very good. as soon as the pears are ripe on the tree out front, i will grab a buckt and get them all before anyone else does. :P lol its on public property. when i made the jam there was no foam, but if i took the foam(if i had any), and folding into a whipped cream, or whipped egg desert, it would be really yummi i bet. on graham cracker....wow, i am inventing deserts here. lol mmmm.....raspberry mouse....uh, ok, back to canning!

i love food, can you tell? :P

Archived