MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Need ideas!

I'd love to help Grubby, I've been cooking allll day, I'm in the mood.

I'll through out a couple of ideals and then you let me know if you want any of the recipes.

Pinwheels (made with cream cheese, black olives and tortillas)

Green Stuff ( a good low sugar congealed salad type of thing, includes pineapples and walnuts)

Mama's Pork and Beans ( with ground sausage, bell peppers,etc)

brocolli cornbread ( you'd have to taste it to believe it)

stuffed eggs are always a big hit at these type of get togethers

mexican layer dip to serve with dipping tortillas

celery sticks filled with cream cheese and sprinkled liberally with lemon pepper...makes my mouth water to think of it....

wellll....god grief, I got carried away...hmmmm this gives me an idea....I think we should have a "virtual block party"

Stephanie

Baked beans (add some chunk pineapple to spice it up)

Mac & cheese (bake in crockpot and keep on low)

Fresh Fruit Salad (place in a carved watermelon)

Apple Dip with Gingersnaps (slice apples, dip in lemon juice to keep from browning. Mix a bar of cream cheese with some brown sugar to make a ball. Drizzle with Caramel Ice Cream topping. Surround ball with apples, gingersnaps & a knife to spread the dip on the apples or gingersnaps.)

Easy Banana Pies (Slice two ripe bananas into a prepared graham cracker crust. Cover with 1 can of banana or vanilla pudding. Allow to sit in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours. Top with whipped cream or cool whip)

Cool Cucumber Soup with supremed tomatoes (Peel, seed and finely chop cucumbers. Add one finely chopped onion. Cover with very salty water and allow to sit for at least 30 minutes. Drain and toss with a little sour cream & yogurt, a few spoons of sweet pickle juice to taste and a couple of smashed capers, you can finely chopped them, or use the juice off them too. Skin, seed and finely chop the tomato and serve on top of the cold soup. Garnish with some fresh parsley.)

Hope this helps...if you need something specific let me know, I'll try to check tomorrow morning.

A quick easy cold dish is apple-snicker salad.

Chop 3 granny smith apples and soak in lemon juice

Slice 3 snicker bars 1/4 inch thick.

Drain apples, mix with snickers and a small container of cool whip.

Archived