MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Sunny Saturday!

MommyofSeven

We finally have our sun back!

I haven't been around much, every year we have inspection in the apartments, and they moved the date up by three weeks, so my nice, leisurely, fall cleaning has been turned into a frenzy. I now have two weeks to make the apartment as clean as it was when we moved in. Oy!

Actually, it's not that bad, this is something I normally do anyway, just not in this short amount of time. It's given me the opportunity to completely redo my kitchen and pantry, something I've been wanting to do but have been lacking in motivation. And, of course, the aforementioned living room project.

I've been promised a leisurely dinner of pizza on the night of the inspection as a reward for all of the hard work that everyone is pitching in and doing.

So I may not see you much until Oct 7, but know that I love you all and am thinking of you (more like wishing you could join me and help! LOL).

Mo7

Yesterday busy here with tornado warnings like others posted. Sirens went off so gathered everyone at work and sent them to hallway. School also sent the kids to hunker down in hallways. Emergency Mgmt. people had their storm watchers out most of night. Am so grateful for the volunteers who take their time to do this. We didn’t get much damage except downed trees but neighboring county lost part of roof on elementary school (with kids inside). Haven’t checked news this morning but think everybody else came out o.k. Scanner said one or two stoplights out and power line down on one street in town. Nothing major and we’re used to those small glitches but…

Might bring up important point for those who are out of home during day. If a big tornado hit,

or…..

*city tested the "attack" sirens on Wed. which are supposed to have a different tone. I couldn't tell any difference from tornado siren??*

Granny, glad you are OK. That is sound advice for all of us.

Once, when I was in the commissary, the power went out, and they would not let those of us in the middle of transactions leave, at all. We couldn't leave without our groceries, and of course, they could not finish the transactions. So everyone is gone from the store, in San Diego with no AC, but those of us who were in the middle of transactions. Finally, someone said they were going to call the MPs, as they coudln't keep us here like that. Finally, they drag out the old manual CC machines, and say they will let us go with our groceries (cash reg are on back up power, but it won't last long) if we pay with cc or debit card. Then...NO ONE THAT WORKS AT THE STORE knew how to run the manual machines, LOL. Fortunately, I knew, so I showed them how.

And FYI, most grocery stores have a few cash registers on back up power to finish transactions and to deal with emergencies like prescriptions. They run slow and it takes awhile, but it can be done. All elec doors can be opened manually, it just takes a bit of strength. Working in a grocery store gave me all kinds of useless trivia, LOL.

Snowmom, that is how I do my menus, too. I plan them out for two weeks, then what gets cooked on a particular day usually gets moved around.

OK, off to go wash windows!

Mo7

Morning all. Happy birhday to you daughter Stacy, hope its good one.

Hon and I have a quiet day planned, he was going to work on my car, but its raining so... no go there. My plans are really exciting

Archived