MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

lost

mistylady

Okay, I found the grave of my grandfather (paternal) using the internet. Now I have his real name. He passed away long before I was born and Grandma remarried. She never taked about him and called him by his nickname on the rare occasion that she did speak of him.

Anyway, I have his real name DOB and DOD. From there I'm dead in the water. It's step further than I was two weeks ago! I'm just kinda of poking around when I have time between packing and stuff.

I thought this would be so easy! I appreciate all the tips and info that everyone has put on here! Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

If you know where (state at least)he was born, you can now request a copy of his birth record. If found that will give you his parents names. While you're at it, request his death cert from vital records too. Death cert will sometimes give you more birth info like location.

If you found his cemetery where he is born, go on line and look for the newspaper for the area where he is buried. Look for his obituary, it sometimes lists their mothers and fathers names. It also list what funeral home that handled his service, ask for a copy of their record of his funeral, they always have moms and pops.

Archived