MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Stormy Sunday

mommafitz

Good morning mommafitz and everyone who follows.

I know all about life getting in the way, mommafitz. It happens to me all the time. I'm like you, I'm trying to make a point of dropping in at least once a week to catch up around here. Things are so hectic right now with Paul getting ready to go OTR. We have so much to do before winter hits.

We are getting him packed up today for his last week of truck driving school. He's going to be staying at the housing provided by the school since we can't afford to have him drive back and forth again this week. It's 140 miles round trip for him.

I guess I'd better get out of here and get something done. We have a lot on our list. Have a great day everyone.

Good morning! Just finishing up a hot bowl of oatmeal and my 2nd cup of coffee! I make the big breakfast on Saturday 'cause Sundays can get too hectic with trying to get everyone ready for church. We're having company this afternoon for lunch. We have some friends who are homesteaders and the lady works hard during the week while her hubby builds their home. Today is her only day off and she agreed that it would be nice not to have to cook or do dishes today They also have a little girl and the boys are looking forward to her coming over to play too.

So, better get going and get things taken care of before the morning gets away from me. Hope y'all have a great day!

I don't know if anyone has ever posted this site before so here goes: http://www.urbanhomemaker.com/customer/home.php They have free articles, phone seminars, books, tapes, kitchen items, etc. Even have family preparedness articles, etc.

See ya,

That site looks interesting Bookworm. I favorite placed it. I am taking it slow today. Woke up with lower back pain after cleaning up downed branches and sticks yesterday. I used to be able to do yard stuff without hurting but, now it seems like I have to be be so careful otherwise I wake up barely able to move the next day.....Oh well, God wants us to rest on Sunday...looks like I have no choice today.

Hope everyone has a nice, restful Sunday.

Stacy

First off, I am praying for everyone. Life never seems to be fair to good people who deserve it and it makes me mad. I didn't do much today myself. I ended up working today, which is wierd since I have never had to before. Eh, I'll live. My life hasn't been all that great with all the wedding plans and trying to make peace with my fiance's family who incidentally hates me. My pack with all my survival stuff in it isn't on the safe side with everything I will still have to put in it, but I guess I'll figure it out. I am praying for everyone! Ciao.

Good evening all. Today has been just one of those days! It was my sons birthday party! He had loads of fun. (But Im having some issues. I bought a 30 dollar cake and no one showed up. I have the feeling I have been lied to by my best friend as to why she didnt show up.)

Anyways - I need to get over it.As long as my son had fun. He was very cute all day though. My son was wiggling all through church and kept telling me that the presents were waiting for him at home. They wanted to be unwrapped. You should have seen the look on his face when he finally saw his cake! It was priceless.

After all the fun . We needed to take out the Almond tree. It was dying and was causing a hazard. So needless to say that didnt really go well as it overhangs my garden. I lost 5 tomato plants and a couple melon plants (luckly the melons were almost finished anyways) And... the cable line got snapped. Needless to say I didnt have internet for awhile. That being all fixed I am now so officially exhausted Im ready for bed.

Hope you all had a great day!

Archived