MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Ohhhh....it's swollen.....and how to ACCIDENTALLY get on a roller coaster..

bluegrassmom

I was really stressed out last week and needed to get away. DH had yesterday off, so it was the perfect time for me to run away for a little while. I took dd for a "girl weekend." We went to the Smokey Mountains. They are about 5 hours away from us. We got to Pigeon Forge late Fri. night. We got up and did the whole touristy, shopping thing on Sat. Well, Sat. night/Sun. morning I wake up at 2:00 in the morning in terrible pain. I have a bad back and it was acting up for some reason. I don't know why. The only thing I can think of is that bed there at the Day's Inn was sooooo hard. Anyway, I could tell that my back was popped out of place between my shoulder blades. Now for those of you who do not deal with this type of thing very often, let me share something with you. Your back can be so out of place between your shoulder blades that you feel the pain clear through to your chest. I could hardly breath. I thought about waking up dd to get her to stand on my back. I thought about calling the front desk and begging the attendant to come to my room so I could talk them through popping it back in. Well, good sense won out and I didn't do either, but my goodness the pain was bad and I was fairly desperate. I took some tylenol, the only pain reliever I had with me and tried to go back to sleep. In the morning I tried in vain to find a chiropractor's office open. But, of course they were not as it was Sunday. So, I stayed juiced up on tylenol all day. We went to Dollywood. The tylenol was doing it's job pretty good and I was pretty much ok. Then, we came up to this one ride. Now, I was not planning on going on any rides. As a matter of fact, dd does not even like most rides. But for some reason, we were standing there discussing this ride and would it be a slow, easy ride or a crazy one that we couldn't stomach? It was an indoor ride, so we couldn't see it past the point of entry. A man who was standing in line overheard our conversation and piped up. It's a really slow ride. There are just three little tiny dips. It's really easy going. No problem taking a kid on it. Well hey, we can do that. So, we got on. And for the first few min. it was really slow. It was like you were riding through a little mountain shanty town. Cute props and robotic hillbillies. No problem, right? Well...crap. We got to those "three little tiny dips." And they were real, bonafide roller coaster drops. As a matter of fact, on the third one not only were we dropped we were turned sideways and then dropped.

Can you say.........OUCH???????!!!!!!!!!

Oh dear. I was even pretty much ok the rest of the day and the drive home yesterday. But I could tell my back was jacked up even more than normal. I went to the chiropractor today and that section between my shoulder blades was actually SWOLLEN!! I'm supposed to be keeping ice on it, but you know how hard that is. I'm trying to do it from time to time but I can't do it 20 min. on and 40 min. off all day like she said.

I just can't help it. I am feeling a bit sorry for myself.

awwwwww ((((deanne)))) I'm so sorry you're having that back pain...that is one of the most painful areas to injure. I hafta say you're a trooper though to keep trudging along through the weekend...you definitely get an A+ for determination!

Oh, Deanne, I cringed just reading about your back! My husband has degenerative disk disease and has had to have surgery for spinal stenosis and a ruptured disk, plus he still has several herniations. I'm sure he can identify with your problem! Prayers for a quick healing. 0194.gif

Archived