MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

air purifyer

UKGuy

http://www.uksurvive.com/new/product.php?p...t=19&page=1

See the link above for £79 device. Here's a smidgin of the writeup:

Bio Guard 1000 is the worlds first wearable air purifier weighing in at a mere 43gm (1.5 oz) and measuring only 63mm (2.5").

Bio Guard 1000 creates a pure air germ & bacteria free exclusion zone around the wearers nose mouth & eyes.

People who are likely to benefit are Asthma and Hay Fever sufferers, those allergic to perfume, smoke, mould, dust, dust mites and pet dander, those who suffer with Rhinitis, Sinusitis, COPD (Smokers Lung) and Cystic Fibrosis also those with Excema our can help in this area too.

Bio Guard 1000 offers greater protection from infection for those diagnosed with HIV or undergoing Chemothapy

Those who want to fly but need protection against infections caught from recirculated air in aircraft cabins. - Bio Guard 1000 has been avionics tested.

Effective against: Avian Flu (H5N1), The Common Cold, Influenza A+B, SAR's, Tuberculosis, Anthrax, Smallpox.

Disclaimer: Bio Guard 1000 does not treat or cure people of any disease nor is it a medical device. It treats the air people breathe, helping make it safer by substantially reducing the inhalation risk of toxic particles.

How does it work?

It uses an electronic plasma incineration, similar to a lightning strike, to destroy airborne contaminants that would under normal circumstances be breathed in so it’s great for asthma, hay fever and general allergy sufferers and it’s been avionics tested so you can avoid catching infections from the recirculated air in aircraft cabins.

Thanks UKGuy. Right now my good friend is once again struggling to breathe. Who knows what she took in this time that set off her asthma. She has life-threatening allergies to many things. Perhaps this product could help in the fall/spring when the danger is at it's worst for her.

Thru Google I found several U.S. companies that sell this product too at a rate of around $160-130. And an article about the testing done on the product as it concerns killing viruses. It's claiming 90%. That's significant. Not total protection but improvement. Wonder if it would be allowed on an airplane???

I'm looking into this

MtRider

I hate to tell you all this but, Avon sold something exactly like this a couple of years ago for under $20. I sent one to my sister but, all she said was it was noisy and irritating, or something like that. She can be a real pain in the rear, at times. I never asked anything more about it.

I don't have a clue if it's still available but, I sure wouldn't spend that kind of money on it, knowing it can be found for so much less, and that it may not be nearly as effective as they claim.

Snake oil also comes to mind...

Archived