MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Thursday

mommafitz

Wow, that does sound like a busy day.

I am feeling very sluggish this morning. I can't seem to get up enough steam to start the work for the day.

I have to take DD to the greenhouse where she volunteers, move the chicken pens and feed every critter we have. Today is also bread baking day.

Kim in IN

Today I am canning tomato something. Picked a huge box of tomatoes yesterday and got to get them done. Last evening had a young peoples Bible study. Only had a few kids but had fun. We do 30 minutes of prayer/singing/they tell about their week. 30 minutes of story. I have puzzles, Bible games, and other games. The last 30 minutes we play physical games and have a snack. They go home tired and so do we.

Gonna be a quiet one, thank heavens. Puttering around the apartment (stumbling over boxes that will not get touched again until the move, if I have anything to say about it!) for most of the day. Gonna get some of Hon's pants hemed and maybe do some knitting. Meeting a gal friend for a nice walk in our local metro park this afternoon. We're planning on making it a couple of times a week meeting, as we both love ambling (and there are 15 parks in the area) but are too nervous to do it alone.

Beautiful day out... hope it stays this nice for the move.

MF, sounds like fun, try not to hit too many kids with the candy, lol!

What kind of bread do you bake Kim?

SL2, sounds like fun, getting to wear out the kids. I know my kids had fun at the vacation bible school this summer.

Yesterday was crazy. Started out having to put down a sick iguana. When we got him, we knew he was sick, and he's just been going downhill. I told DH I thought we should fill up the sink and take care of him since he was just starving to death. But DH said he couldn't, it would make him cry, he did sort of try, but couldn't do it. That was Tues. night. So yesterday morning, I talked about it to DD and next thing I knew she was doing it. We were both crying and I stood next to her and put my arm around her shoulder while she did it. She wouldn't let me do it since she knows I have a horrible time touching dead things. (I don't know why, I can't do it, had to leave a poisoned cat on my bed for hours until DH could get home and take care of him, years ago when we lived in a school bus). DH called to see if he was still alive and when I told him no, he wasn't surprised because he hadn't been breathing very well when he left for work. DD and I decided DH doesn't need to know we helped him.

After DD came home from school, she had to get something from the neighbor's and she came back screaming that one of their dogs had bit her. It wasn't bleeding, mostly just ripped a layer of skin off, but it wasn't that small. I think the screaming was more from shock and fear than pain. I took her right back over (doing a bad mom thing, I left DS in the bathtub alone and didn't tell him I was leaving!) and showed Sue. Sue called me later in the evening and told me that she was going to have to take that dog to the vet today to put him down. He's stopped biting in the house, but lately, he's been attacking people when they leave the house (Like what happened to DD), and she can't buy a muzzle for him, since that would be no way for him to live. But she doesn't know why he's doing that, and can't let it keep happening. I know I could sue for something like that, but I don't think it's necessary. If it had been Summer that had been bitten like that, I'm sure Beth would have, because Summer was bitten by him awhile ago (I think probably because she stuck her hand in his food dish when he was eating), but Summer isn't the nicest little person to animals. She's not allowed to hold my dog or our cats.

My "adopted" mom stopped by just to give me a water bath canner that she said she would give me awhile back. She couldn't visit, just handed it to me and left. Silly woman! So now that wbc in my kitchen pics can be returned to my neighbor, and I can put the one that I own (! ) there instead!

When I was taking DD to the neighbor's to show her hand, Beth was sitting on her steps using her phone (she has my phone at her house, but I knew she couldn't make any calls with that at the time since I was online, and later I found out she misplaced the phone), she looked up at me and thanked me for not giving her her message from the truck people. I apparently looked confused and she said her truck was being repo'd. (Um, not my fault, don't you have to miss a few payments for that to happen?)

Here I though I was being nice for letting her use my other phone, she gets more calls than me, she knows how to check the messages, I've told her how, but she usually doesn't unless I tell her to. I answered the phone Tues, and that was her truck co. but I didn't know that name of it, and I wrote the message down for her, but I didn't take it to her house, and now that I only have Summer until noon, she really hasn't been over in awhile just to visit. Oh well, that's life, huh?

Hopefully today is not so exciting! At least not in that way! I wasn't trying to write a lot, really! It just all came out!

Hope eveyone has a great day!

Busy busy busy just the way I like to be. Got called into work today yay and it's payday tomorrow so I'm happy about that. Besides it's raining and it will be good for me to get out of the house and away from my screaching two year old....my he will be 3 soon and still not potty trained, oh well.

Doing some laundry today and preparing something for tonights dinner for the boys. Then I'm off to work.

Archived