MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Christmas Eve Eve

mommafitz

Mornin'all! I love seeing them...they have between 10-15 of them that live in the cemetery. Showed up a few months ago and even had a newspaper article about them.

Need to pick up a few last minute stocking stuffers and I need to go to the farmers market to get potatoes for Christmas dinner. Also have to get the ingredients for banana pudding. Dh's birthday is the 26th and he loves banana pudding from scratch. We are going to go see the Christmas lights around town...hopefully the rain that is due will hold off until late tonight. Everyone have a nice day!

Stacy

We're just spending the day cleaning up after our mess from yesterday and getting ready for cooking/baking this evening and tomorrow. Nothing like waiting 'til the last minute, huh? Our roads are kind of nasty but the snow is pretty!

Going to make some gingerbread men this evening and hopefully make some fudge if the boys are quiet enough. Going to try to get a cheesecake made too. Busy,busy, busy!

Y'all have a great day and a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Well, Christmas Eve Eve started out with the pumpkin pie/whipped cream disaster. My DD and her friend thought the sweetened vanilla butter (aka whipped cream disaster) was wonderful on crackers.

Steak on the grill was our lunchtime treat.

But, the best event was this evening. The water heater thermocoupler went out....again. (It was just replaced two months ago and the water heater is only a few months old!!) So, tomorrow is Sunday, nothing is open, and Monday is Christmas, again nothing open. So, we're going to practice being old-fashioned...heating water on the stove and no showers for the next three days, ugh!! This is good practice to practice if things go out on a long term basis. I've got two tea kettles and my water bath canner, so I'm prepared that way. I also just bought several new drain stoppers that we'll need. Looking for the good in a bad situation!!

Have a Merry Christmas Weekend.

Patagoniagal.

Thanks dogmom4 for your offer, but we'll be ok.

The water heater disaster turned out to be ok after all. DH woke me up the next morning and told me it was working again. So upon careful reflection of the events of the previous day, we figured there must have been air in the gas line, which could be why the oven and water heater both went out for no reason.

So, we're thankful that it turned out ok. I figure we have so little time on this earth, why waste it fussing over something as trivial as hot water? Although there are merits in a hot bubble bath.

I had the kettles out and ready to go for us if we needed to heat water on the stove. They still sell wood fired hot water heaters, so there are folks here that use them.

Another day.... another day to learn something new!

Patagoniagal

Archived