MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

yeast infections

pegsol

Ladies, my little 2.5 year old daughter just finished a course of antibiotics for a bad flu/cold. the next day after we stopped the antibiotics she had a bright red rash on her privates. I know this is a common problem for women after taking this medication. I fed her yogurt for two days and it cleared up very well. Am I correct that this is the natural treatment? Are we supposed to use yogurt as a topical treatment as well?

Yes, yogurt is the natural form of acidopholus. If you give it to them 2 hours after the dose of antibiotic, it should prevent the yeast (candida) infection. Giving it at the same time allows the antibiotic to kill the flora before it can do it's job.

Yogurt is indeed the standard alternative treatment for yeast infection and is in fact actually reccomended by many doctors now when giving out antibiotics. It can be used topically also and is very soothing.

Here are a couple of other suggestions for those battling yeast infections. Garlic is a well known anti-fungal. The herb Pau 'de Arco is also used for fungal infections taken as a tea or used as a wash.

I'm glad your little one was helped so quickly, Pegsol.

• 2 months later...

debbieJ,

tea tree oil - diluted 6-10 drops to 8 ounces of water... flush the area. If you need more information.. PM me and I will be happy to explain further.

Archived