MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Soggy Sunday

mommafitz

Mornin' Ya'll!

The Postal Service will be closed on Tuesday for the National Day of Mourning for President Ford. (That's 3 days of no mail service........)

Have a ducky day!!!!!

mommafitz

It is soggy here too but that is good news. Since we had a near drought this past summer there is no hay available in all of northern Alabama. Many farmers have planted winter feed crops to get their stock through the winter. This is badly needed to keep the winter crops growing.

Hope your sister is better Snow. Let us know as soon as you hear anything!

We are not doing anything special for the holiday. We will probably stay in and relax.

Tomorrow is D-day. DIET day. I need to go to town and load up on healthy veggies etc. so I won't be tempted.

Here's hoping for a wonderful and blessed New Year for all of us at MrsS.

Good afternoon everyone.

I didn't go to church this morning, as Old Pine had to be in at work at 3:00 A.M. therefore I slept in.

Right now we are in the waiting mode. My sister is to be in surgery right now, she was to be taken from her room at 1:00 our time and surgery to start at 2:00. Now it is just waiting and seeing. They found a mass in her brain, and they are going to try to get it out. It could be canser, or an infection. Right now I think everyone is praying for the infection.

No matter what, she will be in the nursing home until she can do things for herself. She will be on chemo, (sp) for 6 weeks and 5 days a week if it is cancer, if infection, 5 days a week of I think IV. type antibiotics and this would last a year. So, no matter what, she will be in the nursing home for a while.

Her husband has been in the nursing home for the past 3 weeks now as he has had several strokes and is needing 24/7 care.

They have 6 grown kids and I think most of them are in Fargo now.

I am just waiting for news and then I pass it on to others on the list.

We have a sister-in-law in WA state, and a cousin in Mpls, and then our kids and a nephew only a short distance away. I have another sister about 30 miles from here and so I think some of the kids will also talk to her.

We ended up with about 3 inches of the white stuff, We will probably go to Fargo on Tuesday, after our dental appointments. Also, Minnie will be having surgery on Tuesday and they will keep her over night. DCP_2099.jpg

thhappy_new_yearwithballoons.gifthanimatedtext-happynewyears-blues.gif everyone. Wishing for everyone a very good year to come. thHAPPYNEWYEARWITHSTREAMERS.gif

Archived