MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Winter's Rest

Buttercup

Wow I feel like I have been gone ever so long.. Only dropping in now and then to see if anything of major importance had been going on.. If some of you remember I had been discussing taking my youngest out of public school once again.. I in fact did this November 22nd .. It's hard to believe it's been well over a month now.. But that's why I have been absent so much.. Trying to keep up with her schooling and preparing for the holidays was very time consuming.. Tomorrow my ds goes back to school and we can somehow return to a normal day...I hope that everyone had a wonderful holiday season this year.. Thanksgiving was enjoyable although it took me weeks to get my house ready. By the time that evening got here and everyone sat down to dinner I was too tired to enjoy it. Christmas came quickly this year.. We didn't have a big meal this day and just seemed to snack here and there and do what we wanted.. My best friend made me an apron and a candle dipping frame.. I think those are my most cherished gifts.. I am still shoveling out the pigsty now (my house)..An unforseeable end to the laundry and dishes.. I still have the upstairs Christmas tree to take down and put away.. I'll wait until my husband has a chance to help with that.. We spent an uneventful New Years Eve at my sisters house.. And spent all day New Years day at home.. The 4 of us played our new Farmopoly game and a few hands of rummy. We had a good dinner of our tradtional Pork and Sauerkraut with mashed potatoes, greenbeans and crescent rolls.. Anyway I just wanted everyone to know that I was still here and hadn't given up on the Homeschool Forum.. Grubby's been giving some great links bless her heart! Just when I needed them most!

I hope to be able to spend more time on here.. Spring will soon be here along with another busy season of planting and raising baby animals! Ya'll take care!

BC

You know there's an idea there Cat! I may let her plan her own garden as well as plant and take care of it.. And use it all towards school credit.. There's certainly a lot of math there.. How many seeds per row.. How many seeds sprout etc.. That's a bit of excitement to just think on it! Thanks bunches! Hugs!

Quote:
if you are looking for garden/science projects you can do now for homeschooling (indoors) you may want to check out our website - just click on the link for kids science.
www.freewebs.com/amishway_homestead

This is the first time I have been to your website. I love the photos of your homestead. What a great looking place!
Stacy
Quote:
Quote:
if you are looking for garden/science projects you can do now for homeschooling (indoors) you may want to check out our website - just click on the link for kids science.
www.freewebs.com/amishway_homestead

This is the first time I have been to your website. I love the photos of your homestead. What a great looking place!
Stacy

Thanks - if any of you visit us please sign the guest book so we know who stopped by.

Archived