MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Saying hello

Guest Guest

Hello everyone

Thought I'd stop reading and post an intro. It feels a bit strange as about 2 years ago I used to post here quite a lot, I think I used the nickname whitewater? - had some great advice blush.gif)). But my son was ill (much better now thankfully) and I didn't get much computer time.

Anyhow can I re-introduce myself. My name's Debbie and I live in England with hubby, 2 sons, hawk and mad dog I've just qualified as a herbalist, I lead plant walks and talks and I love finding out and practising the 'old'ways of doing things

I'm so glad this site's still here now I'm back on line with a bit of time

Debbie

Ooooooooooo there Can't be enough Debbies here if you ask me!!

It's Great to meet you !!!!! wavey.gif

Now we have Two Lovely Ladies who Live in England......wait till you meet Lowie (lowlander)....she's Awesome!

So glad your son is well now and you have time to play with us!

I brought you your very own Hot Fudge Sundae with whipped cream and nuts....and don't forget a cherry!

Enjoy!!

deb2

------------------

debbieLee1.jpg

Welcome back, Stargirl! I like your nickname...mine is Happygirl...my sister's name is Debbie, so it's seems as though we'll get along just fine. Glad to hear your son is doing better...no fun at all when the little ones are sick! Have fun! I like decorating, so to this "welcome back party" for you, I'll add a nice colorfull banner that says "Welcome Back!" and lots of balloons and streamers. Hope you have fun! Happygirl

------------------

Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, and His love endures forever!

Stargirl nice to meet you again...I hadn't been in here in quite a while too, but, I always had my own name so I wouldn't forget who I was!! smile.gif

Glad you found your way back again!

------------------

suzzee3.jpg

Nice to meetca Star Girl. I like to learn all I can about the old ways of healing too. I also am trying to learn all I can about forcasting the weather by the signs of nature. It is all too quickly becoming a forgotten art.

Hill

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

And you're SO right Suzzee - it'd be much easier if I used my own name. Stop having to remember who I was - LOLOL.

But I've no manners - imagine introducing myself empty handed. As it's bonfire night soon, I've been making parkin. But if I pass that round it might go very quiet in here as it's turned out a bit chewy - oh, ok VERY CHEWY - could really use it to mend the roof with. :)

I'll just finsih off this rather delicious sundae from debbielee while I think about what to bring. Anyone like chocolate cake?

Why am i always the first to show up when goodies are offered? Sure i'll have a piece Stargirl.....Thanks!

Lowie was telling me about Bonfire night....November 5th right? Do you have the fireworks too?

Now you have to tell us what Parkin is...and maybe you can go down to the "old stove" forum and post your recipe! (i like chewy!)

So glad you enjoyed the Sundae!!

deb2

------------------

debbieLee1.jpg

Hello Stargirl, from Dorset - where are you in England? I see Debbielee has called me "awesome" - don't know about that! It's great fun on this site explaining to our friends in the US about British ways, expressions for things etc and vice versa. Very educational, and a good laugh, but the support is there when you need it. I'm sure you'll enjoy being back here again. Look forward to all your postings.

Howdy Stargirl,

It's always special to meet people from across the Big Pond. Y'all seem to have a different perspective on things. Welcome to the family.

------------------

Always Seek&Follow the Light.....Wheeler

Hi Stargirl!!!!

Wow, we have Debbie's all over the place!!! smile.gif

Welcome back to the board! I am glad your son is doing better and hope you are able to post a lot more now!

Have a wonderful day!

Debbie

Did I hear someone say chocolate cake? Everything was kind of a blur after that! Mmmmmmmm......I'd try to manage a "thank you", but my mouth is too full...gotta quit doing that! mf-mf! (thank you!) smile.gif

------------------

Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, and His love endures forever!

I'm in north Staffordshire Lowlander - in the moorlands. We went to Weymouth for our hols this year - bank holiday weekend so I spent many hours driving at 5mph behind several steam engines on their way to a rally. Saw loads of Dorset LOL

Thanks again everyone for making me feel so welcome and that I can just jump straight in and post.

You know I don't really like parkin Debbielee - I make it for the kids and because its traditional round here. It's a very strong tasting oat cake but it's main ingredient is black treacle (molasses). Keeps you warm chewing it though while you are outside watching fireworks grin.gif

Hmmm, sounds like *just* the thing I need to quiet my almost 15 yo DD!!! She has just been SO "mouthy" this weekend!!! frown.gif

Don't let it feel strange... once a friend, ALWAYS a friend at Mrs S!!

I love learning about "old ways", too, even if they aren't always what I'd *use*. I find it fascinating that there are many things modern medicine has proven can help. smile.gif

Glad you're back, and I'll trade you a piece of apple pie for a piece of that chocolate cake...! grin.gif

------------------

cat.jpg

Hi Stargirl! Wonder if you wnet past my house on the way to Weymouth? We're about 26 miles from there, just the other side of Sherborne. Glad you got to see a lot of dorset countryside, albeit slowly!! The steam engines were on their way to or from the Great Dorset Steam Fair which is held every year. For several days before and after the event, dozens of them and other assorted antique vehicles go past our house, which we all love, but then we're not sitting in a car behind them!