MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I got a phone call from my GYN today...

Guest Guest

And the results from a recent pap showed some A-typical cells.

I don't necessarily understand what that all means but I have to go back and see him on Wednesday for further testing. He said that if there is anything suspicious, he'll freeze that area of the cervix, thus eliminating those abnormal cells which will allow normal, health cells to grow back. At least that's the prognosis without more detailed information.

Ya'll said I needed to talk more, so there it is. I hate all this waa waa waa'ing though.

*sigh*

------------------

d5.jpg

I hate it when the Gyno calls. But it sounds like you most likely do not have a serious problem. I've had 3 friends have the same problem. One of them was only 22 at the time. She's 45 now. She was "frozen" too. Worked fine. Go to sleep and try not to worry. Don't let the bed bugs bite!

Been there done that. I have had 'A-typical cells' at least 2 times and they went in there and took care of it. So, there is no problem now, just had pap done in April.

The first time must have been about 15 or so years ago.

------------------

snowmomjune.gif

Well, I went back today and he took a biopsy from the area he felt was abnormal and I have to call him a week from next monday for the results.

Depending on what the results say then, will determine his next course of action...

One step at a time...

*smile*

------------------

d5.jpg

I never post on "women issues"..but I will today!...Peggy saw her GYN today..What is it with women?..Darn! ..My cars don't need that many "check ups"..hope all is well D...as I go to change thermostat in Jeep....Ed

------------------

edandpeg.gif

I had that too Darlene.....Scares the crap out of you doesn't it????

Try your best to push it out of you mind till you hear from the doc.....

I'm believing for you that the test comes out just fine and they are just being overly cautious. (which is a good thing).

Hand holding time.....where's Cookie when you need her???

------------------

DebbieLee.jpg?bc.FHX9AZpQpY9DM

I am praying for you!! smile.gif

------------------

CAGmomof2(Carla)Loving wife to Mark,mom to 2 children one who lives here on Earth and the other one lives in Heaven!! Renewing our Vows on July31st,2005!!