MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I got an apple peeler/slicer/corer!

My girls asked me what I wanted for Mothers day so I requested an apple slicer gadget. woohoo I love it. It was so quick to peel and slice a pot of apples. DH thought I guessed the thickness of the peel really well with little wastage. Now I cant wait to head south in 2 weeks because I intend to bring back a boot full of apples! (The girls wont need many clothes for the 4 days away - will they?) banana

Did you get the one that lets you make rings as well as just peel the apple? most of them come that way and you can swing the ring maker out if you want whole peeled apples.

this is great for making apple sauce or if you want to dry them as they all are the same thickness then. after peeling just take a knife and cut one side from the hole in the middle out to the edge then straight down and you will have apple rings. In winter time we dipe these in lemon juice then string on a twine over the fireplace to heat run and make a great snack for later,if we dont eat them right off the the string first Good Luck.

Happy Mother's Day Everyone

Michael2

he's back!

That has to be one of the best things ever invented! I have one and I just love it. I can lots of apple pie filling, applesauce and dehydrate some rings for snackes or fried pies. You can zip right through a bushel of apples with it! Have fun with your new toy!!

Q

the kids used to volunteer to peel apples.. they would grab and apple and begin to peel it using teeth.. then chew and swallow! some apple peelers they turned out to be!

Archived