MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Why did I listen?

SueC

The neighbours across the road are having a really large tree removed. We knew there was a bee hive in the tree so DH went and had a look when that part of the tree came down and took photos of the honeycomb. Then insisted I go look. I should have stayed here. I obediently went over and checked the tree - very impressive, but then DH said look closer. mecry a bee got in my hair and stung my head. I asked him to remove the sting - he couldn't see one so called my daughter who finally found the sting and removed it. It is so sore. mecry

Now the sting has stopped hurting I can laugh. There is a big cherry picker to get to the taller parts of the tree and the poor operator is having a hard time of it. Every time he sits down to operate the cherry picker he jumps up and starts brushing off the bees. They are all over him. Now the guys in the picker are getting a quick course in how to operate it from the top lol

They are back at the tree and removing more of the rubbish. It is big - the stump is nearly 6 foot in diameter. Last night we put a bucket under the honey comb and I used a knife to cut off what i could reach and got some honey. It wasn't a lot - the bigger area was covered in bees. This was a small area that the bees were ignoring. But lovely flavour. My youngest DD has taken a piece to school to show the honeycomb new,empty and full. But more noise today!

Archived