MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Apparently I'm the only one who cans.

Heather

A friend just called me. Her friend just came into about 40 lbs of peaches and wants to learn to can them up. I am the only one that either one of them knows that cans. So tomorrow they are both coming over to learn how. I also have some relish to make and can and some salsa. We'll see how far we get.

YES!

Hand that skill onward! It's like riding a bike. Once they learn, even if they go for decades without doing it again (I speak from experience)they will have little trouble remembering how.

I'm really excited about it actually. I think it would be nice to have some canning partners for the big jobs. My friend called today and was asking about canning spaghetti sauce. I may have them hooked after this!

It sure doesn't take long to get hooked on it. I have been wanting to learn for quite a while and this is the first year I've done any canning. I've went through 16 cases of jars, some quarts but mostly pints. I am now in search of more jars. It's like a scavenger hunt now. I've bought over 40 boxes of lids just so I have them.

I think I need a 12 step program for this addiction.

On a serious note: Heather, it is wonderful that you are passing on this knowledge to your friends. Way to go.

Archived