MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Saturdays Dinner Menu at Reci's

Tuna Patties made with 2 cans of Tuna, an egg, Salt and pepper and a package of generic ritz crackers.

Fried potatoes and onions

Left over greenbeans, tomatoes from last nights dinner

Fresh peaches.

Meal cost per person is around 1.00 dollar.

We had salmon tonight - given to us by a friend who has too much so I used some chickweed we'd found growing wild when we went for a walk in the woods today.

Not quite the same taste as parsley but I like chickweed - makes me think spring is on the way when that starts to push through.

So dinner didn't cost us much either - the best kind

Stargirl

I've heard of chickweed salad and chickweed soup, but have never tried them yet. It's said to be very rich in minerals and iron, so must be good for you.

Your too sweet Reci.....thanks bunches!

That salmon sounded wonderful!

Hi Lowie......

hey ladies...i have a question for you...are there different kinds of chickweed? cuz the one i know is a real weed....(is'nt it that delicate looking weed?)

I didn't know you could eat it!?!

debs

Whoooooo hoooooo Kitty CAT.....that was interesting! Man.....there is sooooooo much i DON'T KNOW....Thanks for all that info.....i best run out thar and dig me up a hunk o chickweed.....(it's even good to control obesity..How much of that stuff do i have to eat to get skinny? )