MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Introduction

mommafitz

I'm not really "new" but my username has changed. I used to post under "dragonfly" but when the new system began, I messed up. So I guess I have a new name.

Anyway, I am a 42 year old single mom of three. My daughter is 25 and my sons are 18 and 22. The 18 year old just shipped for Navy bootcamp the 27th of Jan. and the 22 year old is shipping the 27th of March. Then it will be just me and the critters. At least my sons have 2 years of training before they are assigned to ships.

Right now I live in Glendale, AZ and teach 8th grade science and math. I would love to move out of the city. I am an AZ native and a true desert rat, so I hope to move to a desert location, perhaps south of Kingman.

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I'm happy to know my beautiful dragonfly can still be used.

As for enjoying having the house all to myself, no, I am certainly not! My oldest son does not leave until the end of March, but I'm already depressed. Some days I don't even want to get up and some nights it's hard to sleep. I've spent my whole life raising my kids and now I feel like I've lost my job! What do people do when suddenly they don't have their family anymore? Just dealing with storing my boys' things is terrible. Waiting to hear from the youngest is torture. I waited all day yesterday just in case he got a chance to call, but he didn't.

Anyway, I do appreciate the thoughts and prayers.

Hi Sandra, I wondered where you were. I used to live in the Valley of the Sun, sometimes in Phoenix, and sometimes in Glendale myself. I worked with many wonderful people as a nurse with Hospice of The Valley. The dessert heat finally wore me down after 19 years and I moved my family to the White Mountain area up north near Show Low and Springerville. Beautiful country up that way if you're looking to get out of the Big City. twi

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Dragonfly}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Would you like your old name back? We can get it done, if you prefer.

Glad you're here again... and I'll add your boys to my prayer list, if you don't mind.