MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Have you ever felt really stupid?

Bookworm

I have been feeling that way today! I have been sick for the past three weeks with a sinus infection, cough, etc. Well, I decided today to take down the Christmas tree 'cause it was just getting ornaments knocked off by the kids and was just kind of in the way. So as I'm taking ornaments off I notice this dust falling off, heavily, and then it dawned on me why I've been sick! GEEZ! frypan Pollen is a nasty thing cough Since DH wasn't home I carried it out myself and of course my arms immediately got some red bumps on them, but they've gone away fairly quickly.

The only reason we got the real tree was to support the FFA kids but no more, I'll just give them money and they can keep the trees!

It took me forever, like more than 10 years, to figure out why I got pneumonia every January. I never made the Christmas tree connection, since I always felt fine at Christmastime. It just hit me one year. I bought a fake tree and haven't had pneumonia since.

Slightly off subject- a doctor in NY came down with crippling arthritis and had to quit his practice. Being a determined man he started elimination diets and found out he was allergic to the Nightshade family of veggies(tomatoes, potatoes, eggplant-etc.). Soon he had his health back, got a grant from the gub for farther studies on onthers, and found out that MANY are allergic to them. Some patients responded well to eliminating them. This was in Reader's Digest many years ago, wc

Archived