MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Heat Wave

OldMaineBear

We're snowed in (in eastern KY). All the schools are closed for today and tomorrow, at least. The temperature, with the wind chill, is -3 degrees. The store shelves are bare, according to hubby. He could go out cuz he has snow tires.

All you Yankees won't believe how much snow we got - a whole 2 inches! I'm not kidding!

I'm originally from Michigan, but have lived here 15 years. The way people around here freak out over an inch or two of snow always amuses me. It just never gets old. happy02

Originally Posted By: Belle
We're snowed in (in eastern KY). All the schools are closed for today and tomorrow, at least. The temperature, with the wind chill, is -3 degrees. The store shelves are bare, according to hubby. He could go out cuz he has snow tires.

All you Yankees won't believe how much snow we got - a whole 2 inches! I'm not kidding!

I'm originally from Michigan, but have lived here 15 years. The way people around here freak out over an inch or two of snow always amuses me. It just never gets old. happy02

Oh this is so funny...I grew up this way. If the weatherman even mentioned the possibility of ice or snow everyone in B'ham would rush to the store buy all the bread, milk, potted meat, vienna sausages and spam. It was hilarious, the only time I ever went to the store when there was a threat of snow and ice was the year that our oldest was born. We had been home from the hospital for a week and I really had not had a chance to stock up on "baby" stuff oh I had the stuff from the baby shower but he was so skinny that he wore premmie diapers for a month after he got home, newborns came up under his arms.

A guy on the Weather Channel called California the Theme Park for Disasters for the Nation. Between fires, mudslides, earthquakes and such I'll take Maine winters over those.

I told one of my former employees once to stop complaining about Maine winters because Ryder still rented trucks and Route 1 still went all the way to Florida so being here was by choice.

In my long ago youth, I lived four years in South Carolina and remembered the place stopped when it got an inch of snow one time. I was out playing in short sleeve shirts and they were bundled up like Inuits.

I've lived out of Maine a few times in my life and could live pretty much anywhere I want. Look where I am, so it must be by choice. Those Ryder trucks and Route 1 are there for me too.

I'm in Iowa, also, by choice OldMaineBear. I will admit, however, when I left CA in 1968 I liked winter a whole lot better than I do now. If I wanted out too bad I could get on I 80 and be "home" in 3 days. Nope, like it here better where there are so few people!!

Speaking of people, afer today we'll have a lot less. The caucuses will be over, the media will be gone and thank God, literally, most of the political ads will be over.

If you think the Iowa caucuses have been in the news way too much, you should be here. When my brother and his family were here from CA he said, "what the heck are all these political ads about, we haven't had any in CA". That was clear back in August, it's only gotten worse as the weeks have worn on. YEEHAW, after tonight on to New Hampshire and who cares where else!!! sassing

Archived