MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Overheard! Truely blond moment

cookiejar

I went to dinner with a friend tonight at a local eatery. The servers were all young 20's.

So we over heard them chatting about changes to the menu specially about steaks. How it was not mostly ribeyes and sirloins at most resturants these days.

and the young guy server says,"Yeah, I mean think about T-bones, I can't remember the last time I had one."

and the blond server replied with complete sincerity,"Yeah, do they even MAKE those anymore?"

rofl

blondemoment.gif

Don't it just make your heart sing, how smart folks are these days? LOL

A friend told me her oldest son was dating a college gal and they had her over to eat dinner with them. The conversation turned to hunting (friend's husband is an avid hunter). Little college gal blurts out "oh I could NEVER eat anything that was alive!"

Friend said all conversation ceased as the family looked at her in amazement. Then my friend asked her "where do you think that steak you're eating came from?" She said the child turned pale and couldn't eat another bite. LOL

Originally Posted By: CrabGrassAcres
Don't it just make your heart sing, how smart folks are these days? LOL

A friend told me her oldest son was dating a college gal and they had her over to eat dinner with them. The conversation turned to hunting (friend's husband is an avid hunter). Little college gal blurts out "oh I could NEVER eat anything that was alive!"

Friend said all conversation ceased as the family looked at her in amazement. Then my friend asked her "where do you think that steak you're eating came from?" She said the child turned pale and couldn't eat another bite. LOL

serious!! GAH!

**falls on floor clutching belly laughing so hard**
Originally Posted By: Jewlzm

And the sad part is.. they probably out number us!

rofl

Yet another reason to prep!
Originally Posted By: NYDebbie
I once heard a 40 something say, at a candle party, "Wax burns?"

Which comedian is it who says 'You can't fix stupid!' I'm learning he is right.

My ribs hurt from laughing!!

rofl

My friend in the 90's worked as a tech help for AOl and she literally had a guy write her,"Your Keyword search doesn't work!!! I typed Keyword at least a dozen times and nothing happened!"

After we copied it, sent to everyone we knew, picked up our ribs from laughing..she went back to help him. I'm chuckling now thinking about it. rotflol.gif

That really is funny but only because it's so sad. There is a whole generation that does not know how to grow their own food, clean an animal (first you lift up the little tail wink or process food from a garden. If it doesn't come in a can, they don't know how to deal with it.

I was in the Army with a guy from Brooklyn. One Sunday afternoon I got him on the back of my motorcycle to take a ride in the country. This guy had never seen horses in a pasture, never seen a live cow, had only seen 4 kinds of bird (pigeons, blackbirds, sparrows and something else) and had never seen a live chicken or caught a fish. Great guy that had been denied some of the most essential things that fueled my life as a teenager.

Archived