MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Canning turkey soup on this rainy day!

whitewolf55

Got 18 pints in the canner now and got that much more waiting for that one to finish. Had purchased a couple of turkeys on sale during the holidays to make soup with. I used "whats her name???".....Mrs. Canner.....oh yea......DARLENE'S chicken soup recipe, just substituted turkey. I will have this to add rice or noodles to when I open them.

Has anyone done any canning soup that contains both tomatoes AND potatoes? I have always heard that the tomatoes would make the potatoes hard if you canned them in the soup......do not ask me where I heard that.....it has been YEARS ago, but I have NEVER done it. I have a chicken stew that we LOVE and thought about canning up some, but it contains both potatoes and tomates. Guess I could can it all except the potatoes and add them when I open it.

Anyway.....thanks for the recipe Darlene!

Back to the kitchen canning

Whitewolf

lol, you're too cute whitewolf...I'm excited for you! I currently have a 24qt stock pot filled with marinara I'm simmering and will can up tomorrow myself!

I personally don't know any reason that you can't can tomatoes and potatoes together. Cooked is cooked is cooked to me.

Congratulations...you're gonna love how it feels when they're all sitting on top of your counter looking so pretty!

I agree with Darlene about the tomatoes and potatoes. However, I'm trying to think of something I've canned with tomatoes and potatoes both and can't think of one thing so......

You're going to love the soup, it's so good on a cold winters day.

Good work Whitewolf! *hi five*

Archived