MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Soaked Saturday

mommafitz

Mornin' Ya'll!!! wave

I am finishing my first coffee and listening to the wonderful sound of the dishwasher running. bowdishes is my least favorite chore. The more dishes I can run thru the dishwasher the better, in my book!!!! lol

We have had some heavy rains this morning. I got to sleep in since it's Saturday and it was LOVELY. And I consider myself to be a morning person.......

Anyhoo, today is my mother-in-laws birthday. She is 81 I think. She lives alone but she has health problems. To make her day, I am going to make Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese icing and our entire family is going to deliver them. She complains because DS1 doesn't get to visit her very often. He took off work this evening so he can go with us. :banana2: He's a good boy and he loves his Granny.

This weekend I have chores to do...... clothesline and dishes and dusting and laundry and vacuuming and I'm gonna try to sewing and maybe some knit !

I am thinking about putting some craft projects together on a grand scale and start selling them at our local Flea Market on Saturdays. I have time in the evenings after work and my weekends. feedback Has anyone else pursued this?

We are staying home more since gas and grocery prices have skyrocketed. Not that we were major party animals before!!! rofl But I'm thinking why not turn a hobby into a business? Our Walmart has done away with embroidery floss, fabric, and all the good craft stuff. I will have to be very inventive with supplies and make my out of town forays really count. eek

I'm not sure what we are having for supper today. I want to go to a cheap grocery store when we are in town visiting Mummy-in-law. I don't have much grocery money this week and it is a great store.

Dah-lings, it's time to feedme ......................

Enjoy your Saturday!!!!!!

haveniceday

mommafitz

Mommafitz, your post wore me out reading it, LOL I hope you got some of those things done yesterday. Dishwashers are great...when I'm ready to wash the dishes and if there is extra space in the thing, I toss in things like lamp chimneys, vases, and other glass things including my paperweights that need to be shiny again, LOL!

As to your question about selling crafts at flea markets. I did this way---waaaaay back in the late 1970's. I sold stained glass suncatchers. This was a hit or miss thing, feast or famine. I was lucky, my older brother was a Native American jewelry dealer and he let me have some space at his booth in exchange for watching his stuff part of the time. So I did not have the rental overhead.

I sold my fair share of the suncatchers, but I used to do latch hook rugs while I waited for customers and funny thing, that drew such a crowd to watch me do this that I started also selling small rugs and pillows.

The bottom line is that you can make some extra money doing this--that's how I paid for my first two years of college at a community college. But you won't be able to count on a regular income from this as it is very unpredictable. Also, you should try to vary which flea markets and shows you do so you are not at the same place every week.

And, if you can get in on some high-class touristy event where there are people with money you will do really well. (We used to do the West Tisbury Fair on Martha's Vineyard every year and that was where we did the best)

Another possibility is to sell some of your items on ebay. This way, you don't have to sit and use up time at a fair or flea market. (that part gets old fast)

I didn't get here yesterday mommafitz so I'll respond today. We don't have rain but it sounds like it's on the way. We were supposed to get MORE snow this weekend so the rain doesn't actually sound too bad. Maybe it'll get rid of the dirty snow that's left....that would be "a good thing".

Not much going on around here today. Maybe I'll just sit and read my book after I get my walking done. Sounds like the perfect afternoons project on a cold rainy Sunday.

You all have a good one!

We didn't get any of the predicted rain we were supposed to get over this weekend. So we got alot of gardening done instead. DH keeps tearing up more and more space for the garden. I guess with grocery prices getting so high we will be planting alot more than usual. I better get some more canning jars and lids to be prepared for our bumper crop!

Archived