MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I was wonderin'...

Guest Guest

I wasn't sure where to post this, so I decided to post it here...

I was woderin'...what do you look like if there is no electricity? What would happen if you didn't have any makeup?

In an effort to "prepare°, I have also cut my hair in a style that if I can't keep it up, I'll still look halfway decent. I have cut back on how much makeup I wear, and try to only go all out for special occassions. I no longer use curling irons. It doesn't take me long to get ready, because I don't do as much as I did before. I still try to look nice, but am not as intent in using "stuff" to get there.

I'm also working on my attitude...I read *somewhere* (The Good Book!) that a happy heart makes a beautiful face (paraphrase). So if I'm joyful (not just happy), it will reflect on my face.

So, just wondered...what do you look like?

Except for replacing the color on those nasty little strands of hair that persist in being a different color,I am not very vain..I seldom wear makeup either. I only wear light makeup for special occasions. I keep my hair simple too. Just wash and wear for me. Life is too short to primp alot and all that heat and chemicals are not good for your hair, face and health. Besides DH's eyesight is not too good anymore either so I don't need to!

I only occasionally wear mascara and lip gloss, as I definitely look better with a little help in that department! I cut my own hair, and just wash and dry. I used to dye my hair with henna, but now I seem to have a good sprinkling of white and grey hairs, I find that when I do it now, the white ones turn bright pink! It does look quite nice actually, maybe I'll doit again.

I went completely off make-up etc whe I found out that your skin can absorb up to 40% of what you put on it - soap, make-up, hair dye, etc. The there are issues of packaging and overpackaging, animal testin, ethical practices etc. It's a minefield in these respects, so easier to do away with it altogether!

I tried to wear mascara a few times, but I just can't wear it. It makes my eyes water. I do wear eye shadow and lip stick once in a while, but not all that much.

I do color my hair or it would be partly gray, not sure just how gray now. Also have a perm, I get at least 3 a year, and cut sometimes in between. I can't stand long hair on me, I hate it on my neck. I wash and wear or wash and put a few rollers in the front, just on the top. I can't seem to use a curling iron the right way, so don't use it at all.

LOL In preparation for Caveman's initial visit, and our first meeting (we met on the net), I went out and had my hair streaked blond, and had long, glamorous nails put on, and took special pains with my makeup. When he got here, he wanted to know where his brunette lady was (he prefers brunettes), "how the heck can you do anything with those long claws", and "I don't like much makeup on my woman".

Whew! It would have been the pitts if I've had to keep those nails up, as I couldn't do anything with them on. I let my hair grow out, back to it's natural color, and was glad that I didn't have to wear makeup every day...just special occasions.

BTW.....be very careful with mascara. I nearly lost my eyesight because of it, and won't wear it anymore.

...........and having said all that, I bought myself some make-up when we went shopping tonight! It comes from companies that don't test on animals, and it is for a special occasion!! We (ie hubby and me!) have been invited to a party next week - it's quite rare for us to go out together, and the make-up was cheaper than a new posh frock! I do look better with it on, but grudge spending the money on it too. So I slipped it into the shopping trolley while he wasn't looking and he only discovered it when we came to pay and then it was too late!! It will only be for special occasions, though. I did read somewhere that make-up has only a limited life before it starts to go "off", which is when it could cause problems, especially with eye make-up, so it's important to throw away the old stuff.

ps I know that Debbielee is not ugly at all!! She's lavender coloured with nice feathery legs, aren't you, Deb?!

Like y'all to know.....Mare is a natural beauty and her hair has natural highlights of its own. She really doesn't need makeup etc. I like it when she does her self up for special occasions with the GLAM look but for day to day it would be a crime to hide natural beauty!

You sound like you have been talking to Mr. Reci, Caveman!

I inherited my Italian looks from both parents, olive skin, neck lenght dark brown hair and very large wide eyes brown/black almost like coal. I don't use much makeup even when we go out because my eyelashes are so thick they don't need mascara. I might pink up my cheeks a little and put a nice pale lipstick on. All in all everyday looks consist of a pony tail and clean glowing skin with no makeup. I do put just a light touch of lipstick on before Mr. Reci comes home from work for his homecomming kisses. I sound like an ad from a fashion magazine by cracky! No so though. I also inherited my maternal side of the familys big bum and bump on the bridge of my nose which I had shaved off 10 years ago.

I don't think its what a person looks like that makes them beautiful anyway. Its whats inside their heart that shines on their outside that makes them beautiful.

There is nair an ugly person in this world of ours.