MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Colorado people?

dogmom4

I'm fine...but we have smoke drifting in. So WINDY the past days that it will blow all over the state! Yelled at my dear friend with asthma to put a mask on this morning. [she said she covered her mouth/nose with her hand....and that helps HOW????? Sheeesh! lol ...... we take turns playing "nanny". ]

Actually I hadn't heard about anything [no TV] until I went over to Bible study this morning. I initially thot the haze in the air was moisture. Not! Sadly, the pilot of a firefighting plane died in a crash and two volunteer firefighters died in a crash when a bridge collapsed under their vehicle. We just can't appreciate those men and women who do these kinds of jobs enough.

With three fires going, I still haven't figured out WHERE the 'western mountains fire' is tho. Our local firetrucks went zipping past here two nights ago..... I followed a ways but didn't see anything.

BUT ---- Mommy of Seven......ARE you OK????? Her DH used to work/volunteer down at the firestation.

Thanks for checking on us. I doNOTdoNOTdoNOTdoNOT EVER want to be near another wildfire.

MtRider [better get to checkin' just how fast I can bug-out now...with small cat; XTRA-large dog; two knee-high goats (plus a borrowed goatBOY), one goose; two ducks & 15 ducklings by Friday; and two horses. Where am I gonna put my WHEAT? shrug ]

Archived