MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

TOP THIS STRANGE BUT TRUE STORY

cookiejar

NORTH BROWARD

Electrocuted lizard zaps power in North Broward

Posted on Fri, May. 09, 2008Digg del.icio.us AIM reprint print email

Power has been restored to 20,000 people in northern Broward County after an iguana caused a short circuit.

The critter came in contact with some high-voltage equipment, which triggered Thursday's outage.

Electricity was out for roughly half an hour.

The iguana wasn't as lucky. Florida Power & Light spokesman Mayco Villafana says: ``It's gone to another place.''

croc

We get snakes in transformers sometimes that short stuff out.

I'm glad the phone line doesn't carry much juice. My geese love to chew through the cable any chance they get. The phone guy doesn't think my connection is cool, but it stops the geese so I don't care how it looks. LOL

we had a squirrel blow a transformer and power lines went out the transformer was on fire people where with out power for about 5-6 hrs and the poor squirrel was sat on fire

Originally Posted By: MommaDogs
At my last job, we frequently had outages as squirrels got onto the power lines.

We had a Y2Squirel...Yep you read that right it was around noon on 1/1/00 and we lost power. We just knew Y2K had happen and we would be stuck at my mothers DarleneSwoon but come to find out is was just a squirrel that was cold and was looking for a warm spot.

Archived