MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Where to find weights for Presto canner?

Aggie

I have a 17 qt Presto pressure canner with a gauge. If I understand it correctly, I can order 5, 10, and 15 pounds weights (jigglers) so that I can ignore the gauge. I was sure I had seen a link here to where I could order them, but can't seem to find it now.

I'm sooooo tired of monitoring that gauge constantly, and I still have a lot more canning I plan to do! Does anyone have the link to the site that sells the weight set? Thanks in advance!

If those don't work for you try www.goodmans.net They are pretty reliable and you can use your model numbers to make sure you have the correct weight.

bighug

Thanks so much for the links. I'm having a bit of a problem figuring out my model number. My canner is still in the original box, and the box says the model number is 017500. I find several model numbers that start with those numbers, but they are followed by a 1, 2, and so on. So, would this mean that my 017500 is now 0175001 since mine would have been the first of the series? I hope that makes sense. :-\

Hi Aggie, I went on the Presto site as I had a question about mine, and there is a note that says the 7-digit number is stamped on the body of the canner. You will have to take it out of the box to look for it. My Presto box also only shows a 6-digit number.

Presto

You can also access their canner manuals online.

Hope this helps a bit.

Amber

Thanks for the link, Amber. I didn't know the manual was online as well. smile

Marina, thanks for the heads up on looking under the handles. I found it! Now I don't feel quite so confused. LOL

Archived