MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Tomato's onion Garlic Can I???

HappyCamper45

Can I water bath The beginnings of Penne Vodka.

I would like to water bath Roasted garlic sauteed onion and cooked down tomato's to make the beginnings of Penne Vodka.

Then when I'm done I can just open a jar and add Vodka and Heavy Cream to make penne Vodka.

If I do have to PC this mixture...At what weight for how much time. I have a pc that measure weight not presure. 5 10 15 pounds weight...

Thank you for any help.

This doesn't sound like a safe recipe to me. You need to find a recipe for canning tomato sauce that is close and use it. Making up and canning your own recipe is not safe.

There are plenty of tomato and spaghetti sauce recipes that are tested that should fit your needs.

I suggest you use one from Ball or from USDA/University of Georgia.

I don't have a recipe. I use plenty of plum tomato's for our garden 1 bulb of roasted garlic and about 2 cups of onions. If anyone has a canning recipe for something like that I'd appreciate it.

add a little lemon juice.... can I come over for dinner?

I am going to try to make it to upstate NY after Georgia.. not sure yet... haven't said anything to the kids yet... they just bought another home.. seems they buy a house every where they are stationed! silly kids!

So if I make it up there... I want to stop by for dinner!

(see how I invite myself!)

Originally Posted By: HappyCamper45
I don't have a recipe. I use plenty of plum tomato's for our garden 1 bulb of roasted garlic and about 2 cups of onions. If anyone has a canning recipe for something like that I'd appreciate it.

Yeah, it's hard to know without a more specific idea in regard to the tomatoes. In my marinara, I know I use about 8 quarts of tomatoes (somewhere around there, I'd hafta look up the recipe) for similar onion/garlic amounts. So personally, I'd really need a better idea about the tomato amounts.

I'm sure others have some recipes they can share.

Computer was down...Sorry sorry I haven't been able to respond..

Westbrook I would love to have you. Plenty of room. guess room and Camper sleep six.

I don't have specifics. If anyone has a recipe I could follow I'm listening. For now, I started to freeze the tomato's garlic and onions. I hate to freeze anything because of power outages.

Archived