MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Hurricane Ike is coming in, prayers for all concerned!

sassenach

the radar is showing the eye over us right now, and this thing is so dang big it'll take almost 2 hours to pass.

then the 'dirty side' (with the most likelihood for tornadoes) SHOULD pass just barely to the east of us (sorry Longview/Kilgore/Marshall)

but we'll see.

Ike likes to switch course...

GOODMORNINGDOGONSWING.gif

Just came in to see if everyone is ok.

I know our DS and family are ok, out of power since early yesterday morning and got close to 4 -6 inches of rain. I'm guessing about the amount of rain, as he said the pool was ready to overflow and I'm sure the water is usually about 4 - 6 inches below the top. Lots of wind about 110 MPH at times. Lost a couple tree branches and one is resting against a window, but, no damaage to the home as far as they could tell. It was raining most of the day so haven't been able to do any clean up as of yet.

They played games yesterday and just had family time. They also did go out and about a bit to see what the damage was around them. Only a couple places in town were lit up and a few of the neighbors have generators, they don't as of yet either. frown When they get one they want a good one. There were power lines and poles down too.

Our DD in the Dalas area is fine. She is glad she isn't down in that area.

I do hope everyone is safe and doing ok.

praying for everyone down there.

hugsgirlandflowers.gifhaveanicedaydogandflowers.gif

our little pocket of ETex did okay- a few mid sized branches down but that's all.

I know there's alot of power out in the counties all around us, some big trees down, roof damage and whatnot, but we seem to have missed all the excitement...

...and I'm alright with that smile

My son just called and told me his fiances family got a message to her. They are all fine and no structural damage to home or cars. I do not know if they are without power, but they did say alot of cell phone towers got knocked out, so that was the delay in getting info to P, their daughter.

That made me feel better to know they are ok. smile

Archived