MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Sept 14 to 20 miles

sassenach

I did it! I got movin! I ran a slow jog and increased it for 12 minutes on the treadmill at mha today before lunch. I figured that was a good start and the work I am doing on limbering up my shoulders is coming along. The fibro is adjusting. Its the triceps in my upper arms that are so stiff and painful when I try to limber them up and doing things sorta mini style in some ways as I begin to work the kinks out.

My landmark for that part of things was working them a bit with angled very light pushups and sets of stretching . I can now lift both arms up and hold my hand up high , the arm straight.

The agony is lessening, so now working on stretching and getting limber enough to clasp my hands behind my back.

I was also so surprised I could jog on the treadmill that long, and I got my heart rate up quite fine like I need to for a heart stress test..... as long as I go slowly to begin with to keep my balance and get used to it and stretch the stride out and up the speed slowly...... I feel triumphant even though the gains may seem small to more durable folks.

I worked on forearm rotations with the hickory walking stick as it was the right weight..... and I can feel the strength beginning and the limbering up felt good.

then I tossed a closed locking blade knife that has brass and wood in its handle back and forth alot as I sat at the computer, agility, hand eye coordination, comfort holding it, and practicing self defense cuts.... blade not extended of course!

: woot:

:woot:

:woot:

I feel it is imperative to get back in shape and the fall temps and drier air make it a wonderful time to kick into gear once again! Whoooo hooooooo ! I can do it!

Join us!

Archived