MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

yard sale pricing help please

carr

I ran across a deal I intend to finalize tonight for a couple of water bath canners. I went to a yard sale this morning that doesn't really begin until tomorrow. She doesn't have the canners out yet, but will dig them out tonight. If I understood her correctly, they are old enamel ware ... and show their age from use. banana I'm so happy. I already have a number of enamelware pieces ... plus I get to start canning slowly. (Research, must do research)

From the size she estimated with her arms, they look to be about like the 21 quart I later priced at Wal-Mart. It was the blue camping plate kind of stuff for $19. It holds 7 quart jars and has a rack included.

She also has one of the blue camping stuff vegetable steamers. 3 pieces - the pot 6-8 in. in diameter and 10-12 in. tall; the insert and the lid.

I want it all.

She really needs to make money, so I want to offer her a fair price. But I really need to save money, so I want it to be fair on both sides.

Any suggestions on what I should offer.

I got her numbers so I can call her tonight and seal the deal.

She told me I can come out early tomorrow and pick the stuff up and look over her tables-ful of stuff.

thanks in advance.

thank you all

Archived