MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Water bath in an All American

Shandy

If I find a water bath time on a recipe, can I assume that water bathing in my All American would be the same amount of time? I haven't seen anything about it in the AA book. But it kind of started bothering me a bit today, wondering if I was over processing some things.

Thanks, guys. I'll not tighten things down next time. I'm pretty sure I'm overprocessing.

I have in the past just used my regular black water bath pot, but this year I didn't take it out so I wouldn't have so much equipment cluttering the kitchen.

Maybe I should just bring my old friend back out again. smile

Shurleen,

You should be just sitting the lid on, not tightening for a BWB canner. Other than that, it is great to use for one. You get more jars in that using the blue speckled thing with that dreadful divided rack, in my opinion.

Yes, the mushrooms are great !! I just use mine for special occasions.

Heh. I still have my big enameled stock ppot up in kitchen so I can do big batches (like Darlene's soup, or big batch of beef stock I'm doing tomorrow), but I don't actually use it for the water bath, Shurleen. Definitely a fan of just using the AA for water bath and pressure canning.

Archived