MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

KIdney Stones Again :(

HI all. I tried to do a search but am in pain again- It's been over a month of reoccurring kidney stone problems. Had problems 3 yrs ago and no problems until now.

Last time I had two mild episodes, thought it was something else. Then when my baby was about 6 months old I ended up in the hospital officially with kidney stones. Once I got home I did lots of computer research and did the coca cola and asparagus cure. Had to repeat it twice but didn't have any additional problems for 3 years.

This time I went into urgent care over a month ago. They diagnosed me again with kidney stones- blood and urine tests. Sent me home with pain and nausea meds. I tried a hydrangea and Magnesium Oxide cleanse, repeated the coke and asparagus cure several times. I've ordered some Kidney and liver stuff from Grandmas-Herbs that I'll have to break down and try on Monday. I just started that miserable high ache about an hour ago. I try not to take the meds as they knock me out for about 3 days- no driving, etc.

The coke and asparagus thing worked so well the first time. I must have major deposits as I'll be fine for a week then bam! Threw up the pain meds Friday and the only relief was ice packs and a great massage/back rub from by DD. I'm drinking lots of apple juice and I know I really need to drink lots of water but I struggle with that, especially now that the weather has turned cold. All suggestions are welcome!

I am passing gravel at times so I'm making progress. I just don't know if I can handle drinking a cup of olive oil with the Grandmas-herbs cleanses. I tried some ginger for the nausea but threw that up too. Well I'm gonna go pace the floor and cradle this ice pack.

Joan,

I feel for you! I'm glad you had relief with the coke & asparagus cure, I thought it was a bit out there....but then so was what my naturopath had me do...I'll share it.

Add the fresh juice of 2 or 3 lemons to a gallon of water. Drink 2 or 3 of these throughout the course of the day. Every 1/2 gallon take 4-5 tablets of Calcium Citrate (Citrical). DRINK DRINK DRINK DRINK. You cannot overdose on this...the worst thing that might happen is stomach upset or loose stools. What happens is that the Calcium Citrate and acid in the lemon juice bind to the oxalic acid in the kidney stones and form calcium maleate. The stones can lump together and be passed out of the body easier.

I did this and inside of 3 days I passed a whopper of a stone, 3 or 4 stuck together. It was painful, but then it was OVER.

Also, I found that recurring kidney stones can be signs of other organ distress. Please have a whole abdominal ultrasound done. Have a comprehensive wellness panel done for bloodwork that checks liver enzymes, cholesterol, and HBA1C.

Sometimes kidney stones are secondary signs of other organ issues...

I sure hope I haven't gotten any melamine products! No one else in the family is having any problems so far. I'm trying to find a good dr. in the area to just back me up, do testing, plus any emergency stuff. I just hate looking for one when I can't focus, etc. I so wish we had a bathtub but only a shower. YIkes gotta go pull some stuff in from the garden- started snowing!

Well I'm scheduled for ureteheroscopy and stent placement first thing Monday morning. They gave me an awesome shot on FRiday and boy did I feel better. New pills knock me for a loop. So glad my friend said STOP suffering and drove me into Community Care, they gave me the shot, sent me to the hospital for CAT scan and then they got me an appt with an uroligist that day. I couldn't get an appt on my own until Tues. This way I got into his Monday surgery schedule plus all kids back to school so I can recoop in peace. PIlls kicking in so hitting the sack. Take care all.

vs

• 3 weeks later...

Hurray! I'm all better. Thanks for the prayers smile I am feeling fine and my brain is mostly cleared up from the drugs. The stone was so large it was blocking my urine and getting quite painful. I tried to log on maybe a week ago but forgot my info so finally figured it out today. Now I'm just dealing with cleaning up the aftermath and paying the piper( Dr, surgery, etc) I still get tired but I can drive again! I started pain pills on Sept 2 but didn't need them constantly so it's been a long haul. I just have to remember to say NO! and take it easy. Don't have the results back on what kind of stone but the samples they gave me to take home were dark black, not grey and puffy looking like the time before.

This Dr. is in surgery 3 days a week! I had no idea kidney stones were so prevalent in this area. I'm drinking more water and figuring out all I need to do to prevent this happening again. Sure missed you all.

Archived