MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

November, Monday Nite suppers......

HI, I am making all homemade burritos from scratch tonight. I do a combo of grains and flour to get a very elastic, soft shell tortilla that I can fold up with the stuffing.

Tonight the stuffing will include spiced refrieds made from scratch, cheese, chopped onions. Minced raw garlic, and maybe some tobasco sauce or a can of diced chilis ( anaheims) in the beans once they are mashed.

I am one person, I don't eat alot at night anymore. So I can make several and wrap them in foil or freeze them in a ziploc bag I can simply reach into when I want to reheat one for a meal.

I include a variety of healthy lettuces and vinagrette dressing and an apple or raisins later for desert or some V8 juice.

Earl Grey tea has been my early evening reviver, and this is all accompanied by good music that is nurturing my heart and mind.

Although a good root beer or lager wouldn't be bad with my meal!

That sounds very tasty Arby. feedme

I made Chicken and Dressing , Cabbage Rotel, Cream Corn and English peas with cranberry sauce.

It was a 'kind of' Thanksgiving Dinner because I'm leaving this coming Sat to take my two oldest boys to my mom's where they will stay for three weeks. They will be there for hunting, both of their birthdays and Thanksgiving. It's a real 'coming of age moment' and I'm proud and a bit melancholy at the same time.

This is the first time I have let them go off 'alone'.

They are soooo excited Virginia!!!

Cabbage Rotel

1 med head of cabbage

1 can of rotel tomatoes

1 lb of bulk sausage

Crumble and Brown Sausage (in heavy skillet)

Do not drain (unless cheap brand and excessive grease)

Cut cabbage into wedges and layer over the cooked sausage, pour one can of rotel over, do not stir, cover and continue to cook until cabbage is steamed/cooked.

Stir before serving. MMMMM MMMMM Good.

Aw Stephanie, yep the apron strings start slipping a bit about that age level! Tell them I congratulate them ! Them also spending time with their Grandmother will be good for all of them, and others in the family who probably hunt?

Awesome, the right of passage for them~ And you will get to spend a bit of time with your mom and relatives that are there??

Just the travelling will probably be interesting! I sure would enjoy a road trip right now. I have done quite a few in the past, often across the country! It helps my perspective.

Your supper sounds superb~

clapsmilie

Yummy!! You gals are making me hungry!!!

DD is making her special oven fries and I have beef tenderloins ready to broil. Suppose I'll steam some frozen broccoli to go with it, and maybe slice up a few 'mators. For dessert, hubby bought choc. ice cream (there goes my waist-line again....)

Archived