MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Good herbal books

I have dozens that I reference but one of my favorites is Jeanne Rose's Herbs and Things. In fact, she has a lot of herbal books that are well worth looking into.

bighug

I have a stack of herb books but none that I really like exclusively, I tend to cross reference a LOT. And I love the Plants for a future database.

Today I just ordered "Herbal Antibiotics" by Stephen Buhner. I let you know how it is when I get it.

• 3 years later...

I got this book a couple of days ago. VERY good. It lists the top 15 herbs to treat resistant infections and gives dosages and how to make the preparations. I can't wait to read some of his other books, especially "Sacred and Herbal Healing Beers." :D

Stephen Buhner has a pretty extensive Herbal Lyme Disease protocol as well. He uses some of these antibiotic herbs with that. I'm hoping to get a copy of his book.

I hadn't heard of his Sacred and Healing Beers. I am not a beer drinker but what an intriguing title. LOL

:bighug2:

Seeing there are so many good ones out there, may I offer that you go to your local Library and check out ALL the herb books they have (some can even get you books from other Libraries in the system).

That way you get to see what MIGHT be a good book to buy and also IF there are just a few pages that you want just make copies of those and save some money.

I have a folder that has a bunch of copies from books in it. I can write on them, highlight them and I also put on the side of the first page WHAT book they came from so if I want to go back and get the book out again I will know what it was.

:AmishMichael2:

dry.gif I wish there was a library close that had good books. I went a few times when we first moved. I'd leave frustrated everytime I went, so I gave up. I buy them from half.com when I can or amazon when I can't. They are so bad, I had to buy a kindle for my son to do his summer reading when he started public school this school year because none of them had the books on his list. :gaah: I can't say for certain they didn't have a few of the over 50 books on his list, because I gave up after the 1st dozen he had highlighted. I searched the libraries in our parish and the parish next door which is the fasted growing parish in the state. The school library didn't even carry the books. :gaah: :gaah: :gaah:

Archived