MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Cash 4 Gold Scam

OldMaineBear

Wow...somehow I'm not surprised. OMB thanks for posting this. It reminded me of when I was a young reporter in Florida and the editor sent me out to do a story on pawn shops. You have to understand I had never been IN a pawn shop, having been raised a sheltered young lady in a conservative Christian home and all. So, he had me take his wedding ring down there to the local pawn shop strip (There were 18 of them on one main drag) and see what I would get for it at each place. The amount I could have gotten ranged from $18 to $40. See, people have no idea of what is fair in a deal like this. The first place offered me the low amount. If I hadn't been doing a story, I might have just taken it and walked out..

The thing about those ads for Cash4Gold is that it seemed rather risky to me to send gold through the mail in an envelope!!! And to trust them to pay you!! Still, I guess some people are doing it or they wouldn't still be in business.

The state of Florida is rather lax and whacky with their regulations. I found that all sorts of schemes proliferated down there--everything from a traveling psychic dentist who raked in the bucks all over the country to bogus diet patches that did nothing but act as a placebo..all based in Florida because the big, sprawling place with hot weather seems to addle the officials there. I'm not surprised Cash4Gold is based there.

Understand... Cash4Gold caters to the thieves' market. These people don't CARE where you get the gold! That's why they promise to deal through the mail, melt it down, no questions...

If you've stolen the gold, you don't care about a second offer; you just want to get some money. So Cash4Gold gets a GREAT deal and the thief gets some cash for drugs or whatever.

I've heard of so many people whose kids have friends over, and then jewelry and other small valuables come up missing. In a group of kids, how do you know?

Lock up your valuables as a safety precaution. You won't be tempting your own kids or their friends, and hopefully a would-be robber won't get them if your home is broken into.

*GREAT POST!*

DS showed me this jewel also about getting cash back for gold...

Gold Kit Surprise page 1

Gold Kit Surprise page 2

(Page 2 is hard to find on the site... under the Google ad)

The guy SPRAY PAINTED junk and got a check... :24:

**Make sure you read his "Pranks" stories at the bottom... HILARIOUS!!**

Archived