MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Snowing today

Snowmom

puppyinwindowsnow.gif

It is snowing today after having rain for two days, so I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not.

The schools around here were closed or 2 hours late Monday and Tuesday due to the ice on the roads. I'm sure the side roads were a real mess with slush and all. The main roads were clear after around 9:00 on Monday and were fine all day yesterday.

I am still trying to figure out everything on the site, and it is soooooooooooo much nicer than getting kicked off all the time. :)

I have a load of 4.gif in the wash, and have dishes.gif to do this morning too.

Old pine and I spent the day, well, a couple hours at the hospital on Sunday and then had to get medications for him. He was really having a lot of congestion and the dr. said it is bronchitis. He did go to work on Tuesday and again today, but, was glad that he had Monday off. :) I just hope I don't come down with it, and right now I'm not sure but, what I might be. Throat is a biit scratchy and sinuses are draining a bit. Think I will take some caugh syrup tonight and maybe the afternoon even or yet this morning. That sometimes clears the sinuses or at least stops the draining.

Stay warm and dry. :)

SNOWMANHUGSINPURPLE.jpgHAVEAGOODDAYWINTERGIRLANDSNOWMAN.gif

We are in melt mode up here in the north. and a flood watch is now in effect. Around here it is typical for some of the small streams near the Lake, Lake Champlain to be overwhelmed with all the melt and it closes down a road or two and there is a section on the lake road area that definitely easily gets inundated.

We also have had periodic floods on my street as its the lowest part of town, but I don't think we will have any major flooding here, there wasn't enough snow, and its been melting for a few days already, but I always check out back of my place and can see if it sweeps over the creekside here. Have my BOB by the door if we got evac'd, so no worries. Still, good to always keep a watch on it.

Still, it is supposed to rain too, just don't know how much til it gets to raining.

Doing my first canning of meat today! So keeping busy.

Archived