MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Fantastic Friday

Dee

Morning ladies :bouquet:

It's 40 degrees, sunny and just an all around beautiful morning. I'm sitting here with a cup of coffee looking out the windows and watching the horse/ponies gallavanting around the pasture. Sure looks like they're having a good time out there.

DH has started field work so the farming season begins. It's such a busy time but will slow down in a month or so. I'll be out of school by then so maybe I can talk him into taking a few days off and going somewhere. That would be fun!!!!

Well, time to get my hair combed and out the door to work. What's going on in your neck of the woods today? Have a good one whatever it is!!!

:bighug2:

It's supposed to be anther 65 degree day :) I'll grill up the other half of my veggies and finish prepping the garden tonight. I'll be so happy to finally have that patch of lawn ready to plant! This weekend I'll try moving all the awful gravel off of the spot where I want to put the raspberries. I'll put it on craigslist once I have it piled up...maybe someone will haul it away for me.

Careful with Craigs list... don't be home alone when people come... set it up carefully!

I've been watching Mt_Rider's weathermaker this morning... looks like she's getting the 3 feet of snow predicted!!! :o

It's been beautiful here, finally, and we've been searching the woods for mushrooms. Found a nice, 3-inch one yesterday... might be the biggest "gray" morel we've ever found *here*! :cele:

And I have to admit my naughtiness... :Blushing:

As lilDD and I were going out the drive to catch her school bus, we noticed a nice healthy male Mallard duck preening himself on DH's fountain platform. (Now don't get ahead of me... :happy0203: ) We don't keep it running all night or during bad weather. But it helps aerate the pond, so we run it more often now. (OK, OK, I guess you already HAVE gotten it... :whistling: )

So here's this duck... carefully ignoring us and the Canada geese (in the pond, too)... and the switch in the basement to turn on the fountain... and two silly females ready to giggle. Or laugh uproariously... :happy0203:

I turned it on, and the duck got the surprise of his life... :24::24::24:

I don't think he'll be using it for his personal podium any more...

:whistling:

GOODMORNINGDOGS2.jpg

HAPPYFRIDAY5.gif

Sounds like the ducks will have some place to swim. :)

The Weather Bug says we are at 55º right now at 9:26 and our high today is to be 65º. I have a feeling it will be higher than that before the day is done. Yesterday I saw 69.8º here at the house, so who knows what it will end up being today. :)

I went down and watched a movie and walked and rode for a while this morning.

I have dishes.gif to do and am going to wash or rinse some dish towels and get them stamped today so I can get started on fair projects. :)

Plan to get a bit of shopping done this evening. Otherwise just another day around here. Oldpine is at work and he works this weekend, will be working until next week when he has Wednesday and Thursday off.

haveagooddaywithflowers.gifHUGSMOUSEINSUGAR.gif

:24::24::24::24:

Cat,

Thank you for the wonderful laugh this morning. We had a mallard and female come through the yard last weekend inbetween rain storms. My 2 year old dd wants to go find them and asks where they are and why they are here every morning.

It is finally warm and sunny here. I think it might be in the upper 60's today so I'm hoping the DH will turn the garden & finish the new raised beds so we can get onions in since he has a few days off. I need to do some grocery shopping so I can can this weekend.

I was going to ask thoughts on Craig's List as I found some canning jars on there close to home this morning. But I have my reservations with it as what has happened in Boston recently. Opinions??? Quart, some pints, and I think it said gallons (?).

Have a wonderful day!

Jori

Glad you liked it... DH got a chuckle out of it when I told him. :D Wish I had a video camera... could'a been a YouTube sensation! *grin*

As far as Craigs list...

It's the same as Freecycle or any other advertising... Never go alone (kids don't count... have another responsible adult!) and never allow someone to come to *your* home if you can help it. You can meet someone at a public place, or have your Hubby with you when you deal with them.

Just remember that when someone with evil intent knows where you live, they can guess when Hubby might or might not be home, or watch you for a while, or just try something.

Above all, be aware and try to stay safe. Your little ones are depending on you.

:bighug2:

Archived